Video Games!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JD

Re: Video Games!

Post by JD »

Highway wrote:
09 Feb 2020, 20:45
I ended up following someone on Twitter doing pinball table reviews in Pinball Arcade, so I got interested in playing pinball, and got Pinball FX3 and some tables. And I have to agree with the consensus that Medieval Madness is possibly the best pinball machine. It is so much fun. Trolls, dragons, castle, multiball after multiball, rescuing damsels, destroying the castle, peasant uprisings. Just lots of fun.
I'm going to have to see if I can find a physical example of that somewhere around here. I've been playing a lot of Elvira's House of Horrors at the local bar, partly because it's a really good table with a lot going on, humor, and a forgiving tilt sensor, and partly because cleavage.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren »

JD wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 11:00
Highway wrote:
I ended up following someone on Twitter doing pinball table reviews in Pinball Arcade, so I got interested in playing pinball, and got Pinball FX3 and some tables. And I have to agree with the consensus that Medieval Madness is possibly the best pinball machine. It is so much fun. Trolls, dragons, castle, multiball after multiball, rescuing damsels, destroying the castle, peasant uprisings. Just lots of fun.
I'm going to have to see if I can find a physical example of that somewhere around here. I've been playing a lot of Elvira's House of Horrors at the local bar, partly because it's a really good table with a lot going on, humor, and a forgiving tilt sensor, and partly because cleavage.
In 2020? C'mon. Even in the 80's I was unimpressed with Elvira's cleavage. I bet while you're playing there's a tranny at the bar with better cleavage.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JD

Post by JD »

Warren wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 11:02
In 2020? C'mon. Even in the 80's I was unimpressed with Elvira's cleavage. I bet while you're playing there's a tranny at the bar with better cleavage.
I'm at work, so I can't exactly go looking for pictures, but uh, OK, sure, whatever, Jadawarren.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Highway

Post by Highway »

JD wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 11:00
Highway wrote:
Good luck finding it, but it might be really tough. It's a super popular table, and they only made about 4000 of them (late 90s decline in pinball popularity). And they're one of the holy grail tables to buy and own for collectors, so they go for a lot of money. They even sell new replicas of them for $8500.00, for a table that cost about $3000.00 new. But it does look like there are 5 places you can play it in Brooklyn: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/med ... ess/owners
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

JD

Post by JD »

I repeat: yeah, whatever, Warren.
IMG_20200210_200213.jpg
IMG_20200210_200213.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 254 times

JD

Post by JD »

Highway wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 18:00
But it does look like there are 5 places you can play it in Brooklyn: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/med ... ess/owners
Oh shit, one of those places is Skylark, which is almost around the corner from me. I almost never go in there because it's not really my kind of crowd, but I definitely will now. Thanks!

Warren

Post by Warren »

JD,
You're seeing almost all her breast. Her costume was a proto-wonderbra. Everything is pushed together.
But now I'm thinking you don't care about that though.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo »

Warren wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 22:23
JD,
You're seeing almost all her breast. Her costume was a proto-wonderbra. Everything is pushed together.
But now I'm thinking you don't care about that though.
Now I'm curious how Warren defines cleavage.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JD

Post by JD »

IMG_20200211_194932_01.jpg
IMG_20200211_194932_01.jpg (441.23 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Not bad, but when you can get the "skill" shot nine times out of ten with your eyes closed, you have to wonder about the design...

Shem

Post by Shem »

It's designed to suck quarters out of your pocket. A forgiving learning curve is a necessity for that in the days where you can just pull out your phone and play for free.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

There was a bowling alley within walking distance of my childhood home and a neighborhood kid my age spent most of his adolescence there either bowling or playing pinball. Thing is, he'd get good enough that he'd rack up dozens of free games and could play on a pinball machine for hours on end. Became a pretty good bowler, too, fwiw.

I saw him a few years ago when I drove through Myrtle Beach. He's a stark raving paranoid paleo-conservative who lives by himself in a small house with too many cats and the overpowering smell of cat urine. Pity. He wasn't a bad guy back in the day but even then he had below zero social skills.

Anyway, the pic of the pinball machine brought him to mind.