Disruption!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Mo

Disruption!

Post by Mo » 19 Jun 2017, 10:48

A thread for mocking the excesses and ridiculousness of Silicon Valley
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Re: Disruption!

Post by Mo » 19 Jun 2017, 10:50

Just when you thought "inventing" Ensure was the most ridiculous Silicon Valley thing ever, I bring you the innovative idea of ... a bus.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 19 Jun 2017, 10:52

nicole

Post by nicole » 19 Jun 2017, 11:17

Mo wrote:Just when you thought "inventing" Ensure was the most ridiculous Silicon Valley thing ever, I bring you the innovative idea of ... a bus.
I love this so much.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Highway

Post by Highway » 19 Jun 2017, 11:31

Honestly, there's plenty of room for disruption in small scale transit. Much of it has been regulated against at the behest of entrenched interests. So if they could make jitnies more of a thing, that would be fine with me.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 19 Jun 2017, 11:41

If they have a regulatory workaround to expand bus service, good for them. If they call a bus a new and disruptive thing never done before, I hope they die from inhaling too many of their own farts.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
"Camacho would be better than Trump. He actually has goodwill towards the world, and he actually did seek out the assistance of the smartest man in the world."
--Fin Fang Foom

Mo

Post by Mo » 19 Jun 2017, 11:42

This is either excellent parody or horrifying.

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 19 Jun 2017, 12:15

Highway wrote:Honestly, there's plenty of room for disruption in small scale transit. Much of it has been regulated against at the behest of entrenched interests. So if they could make jitnies more of a thing, that would be fine with me.
Plus having a GPS-trackable bus would be a vast improvement on the "huh, wonder when the bus will get here" thing that most bus stops feature now. "It says it will get here in two minutes, but I saw one pulling away three minutes ago and the previous one was supposed to be fifteen minutes ago...so was it late or this one early and will another one come at all?"
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 19 Jun 2017, 17:04

Sandy wrote:
Highway wrote:Honestly, there's plenty of room for disruption in small scale transit. Much of it has been regulated against at the behest of entrenched interests. So if they could make jitnies more of a thing, that would be fine with me.
Plus having a GPS-trackable bus would be a vast improvement on the "huh, wonder when the bus will get here" thing that most bus stops feature now. "It says it will get here in two minutes, but I saw one pulling away three minutes ago and the previous one was supposed to be fifteen minutes ago...so was it late or this one early and will another one come at all?"
Agree.

Also, I doubt Lyft would be a unionized shop.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer