Small joys and random good things

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Warren

Re: Small joys and random good things

Post by Warren »

JD wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 17:07
Remember the leather jacket that I lost? I got it back! I went to the only place I could realistically think of having left it, the shoe repair place I take all my leather stuff to, and they still had it! Being crumpled up in a plastic bag for months didn't really do it any favors, but I don't even care, I'm just glad to have it back.
JD wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 09:44
I don't recall leaving it at a repair shop or anything, and it's hard to imagine I would have taken it in for repair and then totally forgotten about it. So I'm at a complete loss as to my favorite leather jacket.
disparaging remark regarding your imagination
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JD

Post by JD »

Warren wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 17:14
JD wrote:
31 Dec 2019, 17:07
Remember the leather jacket that I lost? I got it back! I went to the only place I could realistically think of having left it, the shoe repair place I take all my leather stuff to, and they still had it! Being crumpled up in a plastic bag for months didn't really do it any favors, but I don't even care, I'm just glad to have it back.
JD wrote:
22 Oct 2019, 09:44
I don't recall leaving it at a repair shop or anything, and it's hard to imagine I would have taken it in for repair and then totally forgotten about it. So I'm at a complete loss as to my favorite leather jacket.
disparaging remark regarding your imagination
Hey, I'll accept it. It seemed unlikely to me, but it was also the most likely of a bunch of unlikely situations.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Hey, glad you got it back.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.