Legion's air disease is all in your head (spoilers)

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JasonL

Re: Legion's air disease is all in your head (spoilers)

Post by JasonL » 13 Jun 2018, 20:53

jfc they fucked up the last 2 episodes.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 19 Jun 2018, 16:13

I don't think I'm as down on it as you are. At the very least, I liked that they continue to take chances, even if they swing and miss every so often.
(I liked the cornflake girl cover more than the behind blue eyes cover(?))

edit - ok that was Dan Stevens singing apparently

edit 2 - oh yeah, it took me like two or three episodes to realized that Stevens was wearing capris and didn't have some weird robot feet or something.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 01 Jul 2019, 17:11

I am here for this time travelling hippie steampunk multilingual aesthetic.

I am surprised how long they let the intro play out, but don't hate it in hindsight. But let's see at the end of the season if they could have better used that 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if they partially copied the Matrix because both are copying Alice in Wonderland, or they were deliberately and specifically doing a homage to the Matrix. They did shift the reference to Narnia for a second though which I found clever. I still don't like how they do a cutsey musical number in medias res but at least this one was a bit less self indulgent (and much shorter) than the one in the last season premiere's.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 23 Jul 2019, 22:27

Finally caught up after a few weeks behind. I'm glad I watched a youtube video, I think during the airing of the 2nd season, that did a broader overview of the comic books this all is based on. I wonder how lost I'd be without that (and basically without the huge ass spoiler on who dad is)

I thought the camera editing schtick during the time war episodes would get old, but it actually didn't. I also found the still frame inter-time space clever.

I still don't quite get who Lenny was - that is, what parts of her (and his?) biography are real, which parts are figments of David's imagination, and which parts are the re-incarnation of David's sister.

Time girl isn't actually a robot, is she? That was just a dream when she was in the space-time shielded tank?

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 23 Jul 2019, 23:47

I've come to conclude that the plot, such as it is and all the supposed reveals along the way are just a platform for filming stuff so completely surreal, psychedelic and non-linear that David Lynch should hang himself in shame.

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 24 Jul 2019, 16:53

Maybe. I think they're keeping it together a bit better than others with similar ambition.

One other thing I just remembered - I predict the gigling time demons are actually David's Mansonesque groupies.

Or they're Vic Mackey

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 22 Aug 2019, 10:51

Finally caught up with the end of this.

I can't deny their ambition, and appreciate them swinging for the fences. The ending is very comic book-y, but I think that it works on a meta level - and would be a big cop out if tried in any other situation.

I was definitely missing Audrey Plaza down the stretch. The ending also relied perhaps a bit too much on Lauren Tsai (Switch, the time travel woman) to bring it home, and her presence, while solid, was lacking something ineffable to really bring it all together. Or maybe she herself was sidelined a bit too much in the lead up to it, so all of sudden her plot resolution was just thrust upon the stage.