In the Not Too Distant Future...

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: In the Not Too Distant Future...

Post by lunchstealer » 10 Sep 2019, 05:42

I started with King Dinosaur. I frickin loved it.

I’d probably go with Gamera. Kaiju but not Godzilla, has the Gamera song, just solid stuff.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Mo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mo » 10 Sep 2019, 09:05

+1 to Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Partially because of the Patrick Swayze Christmas song.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 10 Sep 2019, 09:20

Highway wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 21:52
Warren wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 19:52
What was Mr. B Natural paired up with?
I just looked it up, because I thought of Mr. B Natural as well as a great introduction. It was with War of the Colossal Beast.
hmmm let me just *google*
Oh yeah. That's a great ep. Movie is typical MST fare with good riffing, great short, and great host segs. Highly recommended for new viewers.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 10 Sep 2019, 18:59

In Sandy's absence, I'll submit "I Accuse My Parents!" which is like if Reefer Madness were a Lifetime Movie.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 15 Nov 2019, 13:02

According to "Deadly" Beez McKeever, former prop diva and current robot costumer, MST3k has been deplatformed, presumably because Netflix's programming decisions are made by a Magic 8-Ball.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 15 Nov 2019, 17:11

FWIW, MST3K episodes DO air on a weird cable channel that's part of the AT&T U-Verse package (at least in Atlanta). I say a "weird" cable channel because the name is something like ZLive or Channel Z or Z-TV -- when you scroll through the actual channel listings, the abbreviation is "ZLIV" or "ZLIVHD" -- but neither Jeff nor I could find a website for the channel, or any sort of online listings .. and even when that channel does play MST3K it rarely says so; it simply says "Movie." Not "MST3K," not even "Whatever actual movie they're riffing," just ... "movie."

ZLive or ZTV is NOT to be confused with "Zee TV" in India, or something called Z TV which was an early pay-TV station in California, or any other existing Z-list channels which definitely don't correspond to the one that plays MST3K on U-Verse.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Shem

Post by Shem » 17 Nov 2019, 15:56

That's a streaming service that's paired with cable networks. Comcast has it as well.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 17 Nov 2019, 20:03

There's also RiffTrax, if you're jonesing. They even have a stream on Twitch if you don't feel like shelling out.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 19 Nov 2019, 14:08

MST3k is launching a 24/7 Twitch feed:

I'm guessing that if they press on with making more episodes in the future, that they will switch to a Patreon funding model and stream directly to bypass network execs.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 19 Nov 2019, 21:43

Well, hot damn.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 27 Nov 2019, 11:47