I wanna see that!!!!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Hugh Akston

Re: I wanna see that!!!!

Post by Hugh Akston »

And that's just a dumb link dump. No formatting
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman
Warren

Post by Warren »

But it doesn't work anymore. Which is really weird.
Hugh Akston wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 09:51
It's still working for videos prior to that too.
So if it was posted prior to the update, it's fine but now it's against the rules?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Painboy

Post by Painboy »

Eric the .5b wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:53 I'm feeling this. Many of the classic New Mutants stories had the kids in what were basically horror movie scenarios. Pity about Roberto being a white Brazilian, though.
Was he not? It's been many many moons since I read it.
Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Painboy wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 18:02
Eric the .5b wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:53 I'm feeling this. Many of the classic New Mutants stories had the kids in what were basically horror movie scenarios. Pity about Roberto being a white Brazilian, though.
Nah, Afro-Brazilian. His powers first activate when he gets taunted with racist insults.

There is a running complaint that comic arists have made him lighter- and lighter-skinned over the years. I suspect part of that is just that they get art notes saying the guy's "Brazilian".

(Also, seeing a discussion with Brazilians in it elsewhere is weirdly amusing n a fun-of-clashing-social-constructs way. Some American says, Yeah, he's not black, but he's not white, he's Latino, at least and the Brazilians are like, Bro, we don't call it Latino...and guys like that (and me) are white...)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.
Painboy

Post by Painboy »

Eric the .5b wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 19:02
Painboy wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 18:02
Nah, Afro-Brazilian. His powers first activate when he gets taunted with racist insults.

There is a running complaint that comic arists have made him lighter- and lighter-skinned over the years. I suspect part of that is just that they get art notes saying the guy's "Brazilian".

(Also, seeing a discussion with Brazilians in it elsewhere is weirdly amusing n a fun-of-clashing-social-constructs way. Some American says, Yeah, he's not black, but he's not white, he's Latino, at least and the Brazilians are like, Bro, we don't call it Latino...and guys like that (and me) are white...)
Yeah after some digging I found this from 1984.

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

Somehow learning this about the movie "The Wraith" makes me want to see it:
Location: Mt. Lemon outside of Tucson AZ – a very windy mountain road with steep-mountain slopes on one side and sheer drop-offs on the other - 250 feet straight down. The crew set up a 2.5 mile course blocked off on either end by local police with little radio communication in between.

Buddy Joe Hooker was driving the car chasing the Wraith as both vehicles trailed the camera car.

“The camera car had a lot of people on it, maybe too many in my estimation,” said Hooker.

Around a bend, the overloaded vehicle slid out into the embankment and flipped, sending crew members flying into the mountain-side and over the edge of the cliff.

“We looked down the road and there was just bodies everywhere,” Hooker said, “We couldn’t get ahold of anybody so Steve Davison and I just started doing a triage thing just trying to help whoever we could.”
After the tragedy, the film’s creators pitted the crew’s teamsters against the stunt guys in a demolition derby using cars that had already been wrecked during filming or weren’t needed any longer, to raise money for the families affected by the accident.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

dead_elvis wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 16:22 Somehow learning this about the movie "The Wraith" makes me want to see it:
Location: Mt. Lemon outside of Tucson AZ – a very windy mountain road with steep-mountain slopes on one side and sheer drop-offs on the other - 250 feet straight down. The crew set up a 2.5 mile course blocked off on either end by local police with little radio communication in between.

Buddy Joe Hooker was driving the car chasing the Wraith as both vehicles trailed the camera car.

“The camera car had a lot of people on it, maybe too many in my estimation,” said Hooker.

Around a bend, the overloaded vehicle slid out into the embankment and flipped, sending crew members flying into the mountain-side and over the edge of the cliff.

“We looked down the road and there was just bodies everywhere,” Hooker said, “We couldn’t get ahold of anybody so Steve Davison and I just started doing a triage thing just trying to help whoever we could.”
After the tragedy, the film’s creators pitted the crew’s teamsters against the stunt guys in a demolition derby using cars that had already been wrecked during filming or weren’t needed any longer, to raise money for the families affected by the accident.
It's pretty awesomely terrible. Sheen's parts appeared to have been filmed in one day. Lots of good desert scenery filmed around Tucson (and it's actually Lemmon with two ms). Also has 21yo Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey from Twin Peaks) topless.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex
Highway

Post by Highway »

I watched that a bunch of times on 80s premium cable. It had a cool car, but yeah, all of Sheen's scenes are phone-it-in. I hadn't heard about the accident, but I do remember hearing something about the "tragic" filming of the movie.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."