I wanna see that!!!!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Hugh Akston

Re: I wanna see that!!!!

Post by Hugh Akston »

And that's just a dumb link dump. No formatting
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Warren

Post by Warren »

But it doesn't work anymore. Which is really weird.
Hugh Akston wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 09:51
It's still working for videos prior to that too.
So if it was posted prior to the update, it's fine but now it's against the rules?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Painboy

Post by Painboy »

Eric the .5b wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 15:53
I'm feeling this. Many of the classic New Mutants stories had the kids in what were basically horror movie scenarios. Pity about Roberto being a white Brazilian, though.
Was he not? It's been many many moons since I read it.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

Painboy wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 18:02
Eric the .5b wrote:
I'm feeling this. Many of the classic New Mutants stories had the kids in what were basically horror movie scenarios. Pity about Roberto being a white Brazilian, though.
Nah, Afro-Brazilian. His powers first activate when he gets taunted with racist insults.

There is a running complaint that comic arists have made him lighter- and lighter-skinned over the years. I suspect part of that is just that they get art notes saying the guy's "Brazilian".

(Also, seeing a discussion with Brazilians in it elsewhere is weirdly amusing n a fun-of-clashing-social-constructs way. Some American says, Yeah, he's not black, but he's not white, he's Latino, at least and the Brazilians are like, Bro, we don't call it Latino...and guys like that (and me) are white...)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Painboy

Post by Painboy »

Eric the .5b wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 19:02
Painboy wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 18:02
Eric the .5b wrote:
Nah, Afro-Brazilian. His powers first activate when he gets taunted with racist insults.

There is a running complaint that comic arists have made him lighter- and lighter-skinned over the years. I suspect part of that is just that they get art notes saying the guy's "Brazilian".

(Also, seeing a discussion with Brazilians in it elsewhere is weirdly amusing n a fun-of-clashing-social-constructs way. Some American says, Yeah, he's not black, but he's not white, he's Latino, at least and the Brazilians are like, Bro, we don't call it Latino...and guys like that (and me) are white...)
Yeah after some digging I found this from 1984.