I wanna see that!!!!

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
thoreau

Re: I wanna see that!!!!

Post by thoreau » 05 Oct 2017, 03:10

Fin Fang Foom wrote:Evidently David S. Goyer is going to write or direct the new He-Man movie. A He-Man movie is a bad idea anyways, but a grimdark He-Man will be legendarily bad.
Since you put this in the "I wanna see that" thread I am guessing that you are holding out hope that it will be legendarily bad in the ironically awesome way?
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 05 Oct 2017, 15:03

thoreau wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 03:10
Fin Fang Foom wrote:Evidently David S. Goyer is going to write or direct the new He-Man movie. A He-Man movie is a bad idea anyways, but a grimdark He-Man will be legendarily bad.
Since you put this in the "I wanna see that" thread I am guessing that you are holding out hope that it will be legendarily bad in the ironically awesome way?
Oops was supposed to be I don't wanna see that.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 05 Oct 2017, 15:16

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 15:03
thoreau wrote:
Oops was supposed to be I don't wanna see that.
It does have shoot the moon potential.
Hitch your tits and pucker up. It's time to peel the paint. - Bobbie Draper

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 05 Oct 2017, 16:53

thoreau wrote:
That's where I am. I totally want to see it now.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 05 Oct 2017, 19:43

Painboy wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 16:53
thoreau wrote:
That's where I am. I totally want to see it now.
The problem is that it will probably take itself a little too seriously, and since it's the 2010's the effects won't be cheesy.

Had grimdark He-Man been made in the 80's or even early 90's it could have been awesome.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Feb 2018, 03:21

SPLOOSH!
Hitch your tits and pucker up. It's time to peel the paint. - Bobbie Draper

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 19 Mar 2018, 11:37

I really hope that this comes to a stage in SoCal:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/revie ... er-1093935
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 10 Apr 2018, 18:41

Statham versus giant shark:

". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 10 Apr 2018, 22:09

I love how every shitty action movie now has to have an attractive Chinese person (or many) who take part in saving the day. The macho American (for these purposes, Statham is American) can still play the lead, but there are market forces at play that force a very specific kind of diversity in films which might flop in the US.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 10 Apr 2018, 22:29

I'm generally in favor of attractive people in action movies.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex