And the winner is....

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Mo

And the winner is....

Post by Mo » 27 Feb 2017, 09:33

Steve Harvey and Ernst and Young are the big winners, the PwC partner who gets to go to Hollywood and go to parties and write off the expense with minimal oversight is the big loser.

Also, Fay Dunaway does not give a fuck.
Dunaway, seemingly unfazed, was snacking on cashews backstage in the first moments after the best picture announcement.
That was not the only fuckup, apparently, one of the women pictured in the In Memorium slideshow is still alive.

Though it's good that they did not give Shakespere in Love 20th Century edition the win.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JasonL

Re: And the winner is....

Post by JasonL » 27 Feb 2017, 09:39

It is never ever worth it to make fun of an audit firm you have to deal with on a recurring basis, but I'm about enter a 12 round bout with PWC and I want to mess with them so much right now.

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 27 Feb 2017, 10:21

Mo wrote:That was not the only fuckup, apparently, one of the women pictured in the In Memorium slideshow is still alive.
I'm not dead! I want to go for a walk!
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Mo

Post by Mo » 27 Feb 2017, 10:29

JasonL wrote:It is never ever worth it to make fun of an audit firm you have to deal with on a recurring basis, but I'm about enter a 12 round bout with PWC and I want to mess with them so much right now.
Ask them when they hired Steve Harvey and leave it at that.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 27 Feb 2017, 10:36

Did Russia hack the Oscars this year?

Sent from a phone so their may be speling errors and autocorrect snafu's.
"Camacho would be better than Trump. He actually has goodwill towards the world, and he actually did seek out the assistance of the smartest man in the world."
--Fin Fang Foom

Highway

Post by Highway » 27 Feb 2017, 11:24

So did they just give the envelope for another award to Warren Beatty?
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Mo

Post by Mo » 27 Feb 2017, 11:27

Highway wrote:So did they just give the envelope for another award to Warren Beatty?
Yes. They have 2 envelopes for each award, just in case, and a PwC employee gave Beatty the backup Best Actress envelope by mistake, which is why he was so confused.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 27 Feb 2017, 11:30

How soon before we get the thinkpieces explaining that this mix-up was an example of Hollywood's white supremacy?
"Camacho would be better than Trump. He actually has goodwill towards the world, and he actually did seek out the assistance of the smartest man in the world."
--Fin Fang Foom

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 27 Feb 2017, 11:38

My bubble was pretty robust in 2016. I didn't see any new movies, Hell or High Water is the only one on my to-watch list, and in looking over the nominees in the big 4 categories, I don't recognize 75% of the titles.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 27 Feb 2017, 11:43

thoreau wrote:How soon before we get the thinkpieces explaining that this mix-up was an example of Hollywood's white supremacy?
Steve Bannon almost pulled it off!

JD

Post by JD » 27 Feb 2017, 12:42

It spawned some good responses, though:
M. Night Shyamalan @MNightShyamalan
I wrote the ending of the academy awards 2017. @jimmykimmel we really got them!
Today at 12:22 AM
(
Miss Universe @MissUniverse
Have your people call our people - we know what to do. #Oscars #MissUniverse
9:30 PM - 26 Feb 2017
(

JD

Post by JD » 02 Mar 2017, 17:33

And now I see that the Academy is dumping the two accountants behind the envelope mistake.

This seems pretty harsh. Warren Beatty was responsible for Ishtar and Dick Tracy, and they still let him into the Oscars.

(Oh, and Faye Dunaway was in gems like Dunston Checks In, with a 6% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.)

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Mar 2017, 17:42

I enjoyed Dick Tracy, thought it had a great look.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Mar 2017, 22:17

JD wrote:And now I see that the Academy is dumping the two accountants behind the envelope mistake.

This seems pretty harsh. Warren Beatty was responsible for Ishtar and Dick Tracy, and they still let him into the Oscars.

(Oh, and Faye Dunaway was in gems like Dunston Checks In, with a 6% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.)
Dude was taking selfies with celebs and they both froze when it came down to the only reason you have highly paid professionals at your even. Say what you will about Beatty, but at least he busted his ass on his shitty films.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 03 Mar 2017, 01:32

Dick Tracy was not only a great movie, but also a financial success. The only thing Beatty has to be ashamed about in that regard is his deathgrip on the property rights despite the fact that he clearly has no intention of exercising them.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 03 Mar 2017, 23:47

Hugh Akston wrote:Dick Tracy was not only a great movie, but also a financial success. The only thing Beatty has to be ashamed about in that regard is his deathgrip on the property rights despite the fact that he clearly has no intention of exercising them.
Reds was a much better film however regrettable the subject matter.

Warren

Post by Warren » 04 Mar 2017, 13:46

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:Dick Tracy was not only a great movie, but also a financial success. The only thing Beatty has to be ashamed about in that regard is his deathgrip on the property rights despite the fact that he clearly has no intention of exercising them.
Reds was a much better film however regrettable the subject matter.
How anyone can sit all the way through that I'll never know.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Jan 2018, 22:18

I’m disappointed that Oprah did not announce her 2020 candidacy at the Golden Globes.

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 08 Jan 2018, 12:26

Over under on how many who were moralizing will be later found to either have harassed or covered up for those who did?
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Mo

Post by Mo » 08 Jan 2018, 12:30

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 08 Jan 2018, 13:08

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 09 Jan 2018, 09:47

Sandy wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 12:26
Over under on how many who were moralizing will be later found to either have harassed or covered up for those who did?
And now, based on cryptic tweets from Ally Sheedy, James Franco. Which surprises me not one bit.

dhex

Post by dhex » 09 Jan 2018, 10:20

it's the perfect trap, and likely had been thought of as a part of the solution - if you don't wear a pin, you're unsupportive. and later, you're a wolf in sheep's clothing.
"I like you, but you are a film moron." - db