Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13968
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Eric the .5b » 28 Aug 2019, 22:25

Warren wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 15:10
So, does anybody know, is this a complete re-imagining of The Joker's origin story?
Image
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 24934
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Mo » 29 Aug 2019, 05:28

Warren wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 15:10
So, does anybody know, is this a complete re-imagining of The Joker's origin story?
Which origin story?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27707
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Warren » 29 Aug 2019, 09:45

Mo wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 05:28
Warren wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 15:10
So, does anybody know, is this a complete re-imagining of The Joker's origin story?
Which origin story?
Ummm... any of them?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13968
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Eric the .5b » 29 Aug 2019, 11:40

Warren wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 09:45
Mo wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 05:28
Warren wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 15:10
So, does anybody know, is this a complete re-imagining of The Joker's origin story?
Which origin story?
Ummm... any of them?
Forgive the explanation, but we're saying that there have been many and that this is another one. It's actually part of the Joker's shtick across media.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27707
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Warren » 29 Aug 2019, 19:44

Eric the .5b wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 11:40
Warren wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 09:45
Mo wrote:
29 Aug 2019, 05:28
Warren wrote:
28 Aug 2019, 15:10
So, does anybody know, is this a complete re-imagining of The Joker's origin story?
Which origin story?
Ummm... any of them?
Forgive the explanation, but we're saying that there have been many and that this is another one. It's actually part of the Joker's shtick across media.
Got it. Thx.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 18351
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Hugh Akston » 01 Oct 2019, 13:28



This looks like pretty standard DCEU overdesigned slow-mo crap. otoh if Renee Montoya puts on a mask I may have to see it.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 12679
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Ellie » 05 Nov 2019, 17:25

Robert Pattinson as Batman
Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman
Andy Serkis as Alfred
Paul Dano as Riddler
Colin Farrell as Penguin
Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon
Your cast so far for Matt Reeves’ #TheBatman, in theaters 6/25/21
Every single casting decision/rumor I read about Matt Reeves's The Batman sounds like it's supposed to be satire.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13968
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Eric the .5b » 05 Nov 2019, 19:27

Ellie wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 17:25
Robert Pattinson as Batman
Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman
Andy Serkis as Alfred
Paul Dano as Riddler
Colin Farrell as Penguin
Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon
Your cast so far for Matt Reeves’ #TheBatman, in theaters 6/25/21
Every single casting decision/rumor I read about Matt Reeves's The Batman sounds like it's supposed to be satire.
So did casting Michael Keaton to a lot of people, back in the day.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 12679
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Ellie » 05 Nov 2019, 22:33

I still feel that way! Then again, I hate Michael Keaton and refuse to watch anything with him in it :lol:
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

User avatar
Hugh Akston
Posts: 18351
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:51
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Angeles

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Hugh Akston » 05 Nov 2019, 22:39

What did Michael Keaton ever do to you?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 12679
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Ellie » 05 Nov 2019, 22:50

He's just LOATHSOME in EVERY WAY.

I recognize I am in the minority; I would never try to convince someone else not to enjoy a movie with him in it. But I absolutely cannot stand him. Or his weird 90s poofy hair as Bruce Wayne.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 7987
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Pham Nuwen » 05 Nov 2019, 23:00

Good news ellie. Michael Keaton's parents get gunned down and hes forced to watch it happen. You can take solace in that as you watch Batman, Multiplicity, or any of his other movies.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 19155
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 05 Nov 2019, 23:54

Ellie wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 22:33
I still feel that way! Then again, I hate Michael Keaton and refuse to watch anything with him in it :lol:
Keaton is one of my favorite actors, though his career choices over the years have been, well, odd.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27707
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Warren » 06 Nov 2019, 00:29

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 23:54
Ellie wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 22:33
I still feel that way! Then again, I hate Michael Keaton and refuse to watch anything with him in it :lol:
Keaton is one of my favorite actors, though his career choices over the years have been, well, odd.
Michael Keaton is a brilliant actor. Especially as a comic actor. I liked his Batman, but didn't buy his Bruce Wayne.
Pretty much any actor that has remained on the A list as long as he has is going to have a speckled filmography. You gotta admit Night Shift, Mr. Mom, Johnny Dangerously, Gung Ho, was a pretty impressive break-out run. I was a huge fan of Beetlejuice, as well as the more maligned Dream Team. And I maintain that Bill the Bard wrote Dogberry specifically for him. Recently he's turned in impressive performances in The Founder and Spotlight.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18305
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by dbcooper » 06 Nov 2019, 01:01

I love Michael Keaton. He's the actor that Bill Murry's (foolish) fans think Murry is.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18305
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by dbcooper » 06 Nov 2019, 01:02

Warren wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:29
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 23:54
Ellie wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 22:33
I still feel that way! Then again, I hate Michael Keaton and refuse to watch anything with him in it :lol:
Keaton is one of my favorite actors, though his career choices over the years have been, well, odd.
Michael Keaton is a brilliant actor. Especially as a comic actor. I liked his Batman, but didn't buy his Bruce Wayne.
Pretty much any actor that has remained on the A list as long as he has is going to have a speckled filmography. You gotta admit Night Shift, Mr. Mom, Johnny Dangerously, Gung Ho, was a pretty impressive break-out run. I was a huge fan of Beetlejuice, as well as the more maligned Dream Team. And I maintain that Bill the Bard wrote Dogberry specifically for him. Recently he's turned in impressive performances in The Founder and Spotlight.
He ruled in the Dream Team. Was good as a psycho in Pacific Heights.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17664
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by lunchstealer » 06 Nov 2019, 14:08

I didn't love his Batman, but it was better than Val Kilmer's. I can't even remember Clooney's. I may not have even seen it.

I thought Bale did okay
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17664
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by lunchstealer » 06 Nov 2019, 14:11

The only DC performances/casting that I've truly thought were RIGHT were Reeve's Superman and Gadot's Wonder Woman. Well and West's Batman'66 but that's kind of a different thing. Also Kitt, Newmar, Romero, and Meredith.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17664
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by lunchstealer » 06 Nov 2019, 14:15

And Ledger. And maybe Nicholson. I think he saved that movie for me. Most of the rest I thought was pretentious, but he did bring me evil.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 17664
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by lunchstealer » 06 Nov 2019, 14:18

I haven't seen much of what's called his best work, but he was really really good in Spiderman: Homecoming. One of the best MCU (even though it was Sony) villains. But I think that movie is under-appreciated all the way around, perhaps because it's too small and intimate.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 19155
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 06 Nov 2019, 15:45

Keaton was extremely good in both Beetlejuice and Clean And Sober and did a very good Dogsberry in Much Ado About Nothing. More recently, he was great in both Birdman and Spotlight. But he's also been in some terrible films and some, fairly obviously, for the paycheck. He should have been a bigger star than he is.

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 4213
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Painboy » 06 Nov 2019, 17:34

Michael Keaton by himself made Multiplicity watchable. It had a completely stupid premise and he actually made it entertaining. I'm not sure many other actors could have done that.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 27707
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Warren » 06 Nov 2019, 19:37

Painboy wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 17:34
Michael Keaton by himself made Multiplicity watchable. It had a completely stupid premise and he actually made it entertaining. I'm not sure many other actors could have done that.
I am stunned. Multiplicity and Jack Frost are on my 'Please Galt let me die before I see this' list.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
Highway
Posts: 13368
Joined: 12 May 2011, 00:22
Location: the Electric Ocean

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Highway » 06 Nov 2019, 20:25

How about THIS Jack Frost? It's probably even worse. :D

"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 13968
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Zack Snyder's Slow Motion French Fries: the DCEU Thread

Post by Eric the .5b » 06 Nov 2019, 20:48

I really can't think of a movie I haven't liked Keaton in, and while's he's damn funny, he really shines n dramatic roles.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests