Mr. Robot: with spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Kolohe

Re: Mr. Robot: with spoilers

Post by Kolohe » 08 Oct 2019, 23:24

They certainly put the cold in cold open.

I should have watched the last episode of the last season again, because it took me a while to remember how everything not on the farm, and some things even on the farm was set up for this season. (Like it took me until they discussed it to remember there was another corrupt/co-opted cop that was killed in the finale ladt season)

I'm glad Jake Busey was able to use the education bennies from his space marine service and go to law school.

The twist with the dinner guest was well executed, but I was expecting it.

But yeah, they really didn't take advantage of 'commercial free' like they did the last time they had that opportunity. They seem to have just added 10 minutes to the running length by letting everything linger a bit more than usual.

(I think they also tried a bit too hard with 'experimental' camera shots, in that they tried too many different things in a single episode)

Eta oh forgot about the hard f
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 09 Oct 2019, 05:09

Kolohe wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 23:24
I should have watched the last episode of the last season again,
I would like to have watched (ideally) the entire last season again to refresh my memory, or at least the last three episodes of it, but it didn't air on USA and hasn't been offered in the cable company's "On Demand" listings either.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 13 Oct 2019, 23:55

So now Elliot has ANOTHER secret personality which neither he nor Mr. Robot knew about before??!

OFFS.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b