Mr. Robot: with spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Kolohe

Re: Mr. Robot: with spoilers

Post by Kolohe » 12 Oct 2017, 17:35

The eviction notice was a nod to whatsherface, (Kayla?) who is dead an nobody even realizes she is gone except she hasn't paid rent in 3 months.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 12 Oct 2017, 17:42

But i agree with you about the economy. And if power were out for a solid week, the streets would be empty at night, and *no one* would be out on the streets conducting any sort of non-vice related commerce after dark.

(Heck with fuel shortages and power grid off line, they certainly wouldn't be running city buses at night - or alternatively running them mostly empty. It would be similar to third world bus service, with erratic scheduling, and everyone pilling in to overflowing when any vehicle did stop by)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 12 Oct 2017, 17:52

Kolohe wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 17:35
The eviction notice was a nod to whatsherface, (Kayla?) who is dead an nobody even realizes she is gone except she hasn't paid rent in 3 months.
Ah, I forgot about Shayla. The show never mentions what Elliot did with her dead body, but IIRC the FBI knows she's dead, since she was on that big whiteboard Dom showed Darlene in last season's finale. But, yeah, I dunno if Shayla's landlord would've been informed of this.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 12 Oct 2017, 17:59

And another thing (yes, I'm ranting here) -- that scene in the Red Wheelbarrow barbecue shop, where the guy wants a milkshake and is told it costs $12.50 -- again, people are limited to 50 bucks per day. Who's going to pay one-quarter of their daily income on a single milkshake? I dunno if that price is meant to indicate "Heh, Manhattan sure is expensive, ain't it?" or possibly an indicator of high inflation post-5/9 ... but if anything, if people are limited to $50 per day you'd expect to see massive deflation, at least for non-essentials. Even in the ritzy parts of Manhattan, I don't expect you'd see $12.50 milkshake shops staying in business.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 19 Oct 2017, 15:35

Last night's episode was definitely better than last week's, and good riddance to Joanna. I wonder what's going to happen to Scott Knowles, now that the one witness who claimed he killed his wife got killed while murdering Tyrell's? I'm guessing Scott can still afford a good lawyer -- but that lawyer still wouldn't know what we-the-viewers do about the connection between Joanna and the bartender.