It's true, Your Honor; these Ghostbusters have no dicks.

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer

Re: It's true, Your Honor; these Ghostbusters have no dicks.

Post by lunchstealer » 09 Aug 2016, 19:42

Sandy wrote:
Kolohe wrote:Fey was very good at promoting new ideas; the show would gave probably been cancelled in the early 00s if she hadn't been in charge. Meyers was also decent (but nowhere good as Fey). Everyone (two? Jost and someone else?) haven't been as good in managing the production line.
I'd have made plans to see a Fey/Pohler Ghostbusters.
Strewth.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

the innominate one

Post by the innominate one » 09 Aug 2016, 22:45

I don't know. I like them, but Baby Mama was disappointing. I haven't seen Sisters yet (I think that's the title).
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 09 Aug 2016, 23:23

the innominate one wrote:I don't know. I like them, but Baby Mama was disappointing. I haven't seen Sisters yet (I think that's the title).
Possibly just one or the other, then. Both have put together shows better than anything I've seen of Feig or Melissa McCarthy.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 18 Aug 2016, 19:09

Sandy wrote:
the innominate one wrote:I don't know. I like them, but Baby Mama was disappointing. I haven't seen Sisters yet (I think that's the title).
Possibly just one or the other, then. Both have put together shows better than anything I've seen of Feig or Melissa McCarthy.
I thought she was very good in St. Vincent, an underrated film.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 Jun 2018, 15:03

For Thoreau:

Finally got around to watching the Ghostbusters reboot. Not great, but not bad -- and certainly not worth the vitriolic rage it inspired in some quarters.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 08 Jun 2018, 18:51

Jennifer wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 15:03
For Thoreau:

Finally got around to watching the Ghostbusters reboot. Not great, but not bad -- and certainly not worth the vitriolic rage it inspired in some quarters.
It was far better than it should have been. There have been so many reboot failures and that one was actually entertaining if a little ham handed at times. I have spoken ....
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 Jun 2018, 21:26

Pham Nuwen wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 18:51
Jennifer wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 15:03
For Thoreau:

It was far better than it should have been. There have been so many reboot failures and that one was actually entertaining if a little ham handed at times. I have spoken ....
I can't help but have a soft spot for any movie that portrays the Department of Homeland Security as a bunch of disingenuous dumbasses.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 08 Jun 2018, 21:50

Also: whoever is in charge of marketing toys and paraphernalia related to the movie really missed a good trick in not selling copies of the blonde engineer's "Screw you" pun-pendant. I might even be tempted to buy one, and I hardly ever even wear jewelry.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 09 Jun 2018, 21:20

It was a missed opportunity because all of those actors could've done better with better direction and writing. But mostly it was fine, although I was mortified for Bill Murray.

I thought Leslie Jones did well, and the others performed serviceably. Jared was also fine as Tour Guide Jared (apparently people who stuck with The Office know him as someone else, but to me he's Jared).
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR