Product Gryviews

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Andrew

Re: Product Gryviews

Post by Andrew » 10 Apr 2017, 13:07

The green tech nonsense made me hesitate, too, but it worked. I did the first wash with the recommended 1-hour rest in the middle (so the clothing can soak), and it took the funk out of clothing that had been horrifying for much too long. At $20 for a decent sized tub, it's a competitive price with the other products out there.

I've switched most of my hiking clothing to merino, and yes, it's amazing. I can't quite justify switching all my running/gym stuff to it, though.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Warren

Post by Warren » 18 Apr 2017, 20:02

Spritzlet is the greatest advancement to the written word since movable type.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Jul 2017, 18:23

Anyone looking for a food scale could do a lot worse than the Oxo analog. Super easy to calibrate, readouts in both standard and metric up to a pound, the bowl reverses into a cover so you can keep it clean and take it with you if that's your jam. For $13 it's a pretty solid value. The digital one I paid $23 for at IKEA kinda sucks in comparison.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Warren

Post by Warren » 03 Jul 2017, 17:36

Hugh Akston wrote:Anyone looking for a food scale could do a lot worse than the Oxo analog. Super easy to calibrate, readouts in both standard and metric up to a pound, the bowl reverses into a cover so you can keep it clean and take it with you if that's your jam. For $13 it's a pretty solid value. The digital one I paid $23 for at IKEA kinda sucks in comparison.
That's fine if you're not concerned about precision. Also, I don't trust spring scales over a year old. It's entirely possible they work better now than in the past, but they use to be shit after a few years.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 13 Aug 2017, 22:15

Got a Roku. It's pretty kick-ass. Amazon and Google on one device as well as the rest.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 13 Aug 2017, 23:04

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
13 Aug 2017, 22:15
Got a Roku. It's pretty kick-ass. Amazon and Google on one device as well as the rest.
We have been very happy with the 3 Rokus we have. The new Premier+ we have for the 4k HDR TV works well also.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."