To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

Re: To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Post by Ellie » 27 Oct 2018, 21:47

I really can't sympathize with Agent Nadeem, by the way. You're super in debt because of your family's medical bills? That sucks, I'm on your side. Now you're even more stressed from promising your kid an in-ground pool because he's butthurt that his friend has a fancier house than he does? Fucking grow a pair, Ray.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 28 Oct 2018, 12:26

I'm not sure what we are talking about bit ellie's hate reviews are catching my interest.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 29 Oct 2018, 11:02

I would totally be down for a thread titled "I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it!"
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 29 Oct 2018, 11:38

Mo wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 11:02
I would totally be down for a thread titled "I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it!"
Festivus for the rest of us!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 29 Oct 2018, 11:41

"Topics you don't touch with a ten-foot aluminum pole"
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 29 Oct 2018, 20:45

Mo wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 11:02
"I got 99 problems and you're at least 10 of them"
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 29 Oct 2018, 21:02

I'm both embarrassed, and not surprised at all, how much of my watching is full-on hate-watching :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will say that at 2/3 of the way through the season, Daredevil S3 is not on my hate-watching list! Matt's continued pity party is a bit annoying, but there have been a couple major twists (that I, at least, didn't see coming). I have a gut feeling that some of the events are dependent on a bunch of people carrying the Idiot Ball, but I've never been capable of that kind of rational analysis, so I'm free to enjoy the show. The stakes are pretty legit and the tension is ramping up. I had to stop watching because it was so nerve-wracking and I am not sure I have the courage to dive back in instead of just looking up the synopses online! I'm a wimp who is more cut out for tiny house shows, what can I say.

Edited to add: I still hope Dex trips and falls down a port-a-potty, though

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Nov 2018, 13:13

Season 3 of Daredevil was indeed amazing, but the finale was a bit of a letdown. I mean, it was definitely good, but it didn't quite have the awesomeness of the rest of the season. It was what needed to happen but it didn't pack the same punch.

In any other series it would have been a great finale. By the standards of Season 3 it was merely good.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 03 Nov 2018, 21:06

I know it's a very standard trope/debate across all superhero stories, but my god am I ever sick of hearing people argue that killing Fisk is the wrong way to solve the problem. HE'S A PIECE OF SHIT, FUCKING MURDER HIM, IT MIGHT STILL BE MORALLY WRONG BUT IT WILL FEEL SOOOOOOOO GOOD