To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
thoreau
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: To Infinity War and Beyond: the MCU Thread with Spoilers

Post by thoreau » 20 Jul 2019, 19:44

Hulk should be Secretary of Education. He is a scientist and he'll smash anyone who pushes edufads.

Iron Man should be Secretary of Energy. His arc reactor could revolutionize clean energy.

Ant Man for Attorney General because we need somebody who has been in the system to spearhead criminal justice reform.

"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Aresen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Aresen » 20 Jul 2019, 21:35

Scarlet Witch for Treasury Secretary
Wolverine for Secretary of Agriculture (because he always grows back.)
Professor Xavier for Housing and Urban Development (if he can keep rebuilding that school every few years, he should be able to build houses.)
Dr. Strange for Secretary of Health (or at least Surgeon General)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 22 Jul 2019, 02:55

Wixenstyx wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 17:52
(though about half of us would have preferred Captain America).
His school PSAs running in the background in Spiderman Homecoming were even more amazing than the "Would you like to know more" bits from Starship Troopers.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 08 Aug 2019, 19:47

"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 19 Aug 2019, 21:30

FWIW I'm really enjoying Daredevil season 3. The secret origin of Bullseye episode was particularly good.
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 18 Sep 2019, 11:22

My recurring thought watching Luke Cage season 2 is if I'm out here waiting for Shades and Comanche to just bone already what must poor Ellie have endured?

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 18 Sep 2019, 11:36

Hugh Akston wrote:
18 Sep 2019, 11:22
My recurring thought watching Luke Cage season 2 is if I'm out here waiting for Shades and Comanche to just bone already what must poor Ellie have endured?
:lol: :lol: :lol: <3 <3 <3 Thank you for being witness to my suffering!
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 03 Dec 2019, 12:15

Warren

Post by Warren » 03 Dec 2019, 12:21

I dunno. Wanted a Black Widow movie since the first Avengers. But I lost interest in the MCU. After Infinity War and Endgame, I was just like "yeah whatever".
THIS SPACE FOR RENT