This Life is Absurd

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Pham Nuwen

Re: This Life is Absurd

Post by Pham Nuwen » 13 Feb 2018, 00:02

Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 Feb 2018, 00:12

Oh, Kung Fury, not Kung Furry. I thought it was a movie about kinky people who dress up as animals and are also martial arts fans.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 Feb 2018, 00:32

Honestly, that was a work that didn't even fill its original runtime. I'm pretty bewildered at this.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

dhex

Post by dhex » 13 Feb 2018, 11:01

Seriously. It was a good trailer and less good film after first ten Mins.
"I like you, but you are a film moron." - db

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 13 Feb 2018, 20:19

I thought Kung Fury was great. But the thing I always say about it is that it knew that it couldn't be any longer than it was, and if it had been stretched out to a feature film length it'd've been terrible.

I guess we'll find out.

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 14 Feb 2018, 15:54

Aresen wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 00:12
Oh, Kung Fury, not Kung Furry. I thought it was a movie about kinky people who dress up as animals and are also martial arts fans.
I would watch this.
"I want to live in a world where the Democrats are competent enough to secretly have millions of illegal aliens vote, but dumb enough to concentrate them in California and New York."=--Mo

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 15 Feb 2018, 16:39

Jadagul wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 20:19
I thought Kung Fury was great. But the thing I always say about it is that it knew that it couldn't be any longer than it was, and if it had been stretched out to a feature film length it'd've been terrible.

I guess we'll find out.
Yeah. I didn't think it could have been a full ninety minutes. But Manborg worked, so who knows.
". . . even the federalist folk are probably a bit wary, and they're essentially cosplaying the preacher from footloose." - dhex