Desperate Clonewives

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
thoreau

Re: Desperate Clonewives

Post by thoreau » 17 Jul 2017, 11:34

This season is just kind of phoning it in. They set up a massive conspiracy and decided it's time to spend 10 episodes taking it down. I would have rather seen the sestras spend 7-9 episodes fighting for a cure (i.e. something with more immediately meaningful stakes for them) and then the last few episodes they expose the conspiracy and win their freedom.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 17 Jul 2017, 11:46

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of anything but the flashbacks, and they are for sure phoning it in as well.

The village shit is dumb and I hate it.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 17 Jul 2017, 11:49

The only potentially good part of the village was the inevitable "angry villagers with torches and pitchforks storming the mad scientist's mansion" scene AND THEY TOTALLY PUNTED THAT ONE!!!!

I want sestras working together and Sarah doing her usual taking initiative thing. Instead Sarah sits at home and waits for Mrs. S to issue the next assignment.

On the plus side, I would totally watch Krystal's YouTube channel, even though I'm not much of a cosmetics type.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 17 Jul 2017, 11:51

Even worse, this season's annual "Clones in Suburbia"-centric episode didn't even have sestras posing as each other. Which is the best part of Clones in Suburbia.
--Shem

nicole

Post by nicole » 17 Jul 2017, 11:56

Oh yeah, I am also really glad Krystal is back. I like her.

nicole

Post by nicole » 22 Aug 2017, 17:25

Thoreau, have you finished?

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 22 Aug 2017, 17:35

It was fun enough in the second half of the season, but it wasn't really anything I needed. The story didn't really need it, though I give them full credit for actually trying to tie everything together. But the characters themselves needed a story more interesting than just a final destruction of the conspiracy.

Still, the death of Mrs. S was powerful.

But the season had WAY TOO LITTLE HELENA!!!! Her awesome flashback episode was not enough to compensate.

And while the creepy Neolution cult thing never quite made sense (these people actually fell for it?), making it a cult at least made it easier to destroy, because there was a boss that everyone really was tied to.
--Shem