Guns and Whatnot.

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Jasper

Re: Guns and Whatnot.

Post by Jasper » 07 Mar 2018, 11:48

Submitted my application & got fingerprinted for the CT 60-day temporary permit yesterday. Assuming that comes through, in 3 - 4 months, I'll then have 60 days to apply for the 5-year state permit.

Hopefully this time around I won't let the damn thing lapse again.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 07 May 2018, 13:29

cry-laugh emoji

"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 07 May 2018, 13:34

It makes the most sense in the world.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 07 May 2018, 15:30

I'm actually unsure whether he'd be worse. I know he's been doing speaking tours, but I don't know his political deal in the modern era.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 May 2018, 16:29

Eric the .5b wrote:
07 May 2018, 15:30
I'm actually unsure whether he'd be worse. I know he's been doing speaking tours, but I don't know his political deal in the modern era.
Now that you mention it... I assumed he was still all-in on American Exceptionalism Foreign Policy, but it's probably been fifteen years since I heard him speak.

Is he still doing talk radio?
Gentrification is undocumented immigration for the left-leaning. - Shem

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 07 May 2018, 17:28

Warren wrote:
07 May 2018, 16:29
Eric the .5b wrote:
07 May 2018, 15:30
Now that you mention it... I assumed he was still all-in on American Exceptionalism Foreign Policy, but it's probably been fifteen years since I heard him speak.

Is he still doing talk radio?
Apparently he's retiring from talk radio to take this gig.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 07 May 2018, 19:57

Maybe with his own experience he'll teach them how to manage scandal for their benefit.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 07 May 2018, 20:28

It's like somebody looked at the Dana Loesch Fascism Commercials, said they couldn't possibly sink any lower, and then his buddy said "Hold my beer."
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 07 May 2018, 20:29

It's National Retiredwhiteguy Assn.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 08 May 2018, 12:57

The left's claim that the NRA is all about selling guns to deplorable people is now pretty much true.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 May 2018, 19:06

Jasper wrote:The left's claim that the NRA is all about selling guns to deplorable people is now pretty much true.
Which... goddamnit American Right, please stop confirming all of the American Left’s biases that I’ve been trying to correct for the past umpteen time units.

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 08 May 2018, 19:21

lunchstealer wrote:
08 May 2018, 19:06
Jasper wrote:The left's claim that the NRA is all about selling guns to deplorable people is now pretty much true.
Which... goddamnit American Right, please stop confirming all of the American Left’s biases that I’ve been trying to correct for the past umpteen time units.
Maybe they were correct and you were incorrect.

The left is wrong about a lot of libertarians. They seem to be right about the right, however. Or at least the Trumpster right.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 May 2018, 21:39

Punk rock attitude is much more modular and flexible than people apparently realized.

I had 3/4th of a beer and some shit pizza and it's 90 degrees at night in Nola so I'm shitposting for the next twenty or so until I pass out.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 May 2018, 22:23

thoreau wrote:
08 May 2018, 19:21
lunchstealer wrote:
08 May 2018, 19:06
Maybe they were correct and you were incorrect.

The left is wrong about a lot of libertarians. They seem to be right about the right, however. Or at least the Trumpster right.
The Trumpster right is turning out to be bigger than I thought (and I would freely have admitted that there was a lot of that bullshit already) and the cooler heads of the right are just flailingly ineffectual at reining in or persuading the Trump/Nugent right.