Food

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
dead_elvis

Re: Food

Post by dead_elvis » 09 Jan 2019, 23:11

Finished up the ham we had in the freezer from our half-pig. Reminded again ham doesn't have to be a bland fluffy meat-marshmallow. It *can* be delicious and meaty.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

Jennifer

Re: Food

Post by Jennifer » 13 Jan 2019, 16:05

Bought "bread pakora" (sp?) from an Indian supermarket's hot-food table. It's basically a spicy potato samosa, only with samosas, the filling is wrapped in a dumpling and deep-fried, whereas for bread pakora, the filling is put into a sandwich, which is then deep-fried. Spicy enough to make my nose run and eyes water within three mouthfuls, and inspire full-body sweating before I'd finished half the sandwich. But damn, it tasted good.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b