Ladyfashun

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ladyfashun

Post by Ellie » 28 Oct 2018, 18:39

I think longer soaks are the key. Fingertips in the acetone at least 10 minutes and possibly up to 30. Some people swear by covering the nail in acetone and then wrapping the fingertip up in tinfoil so it can soak without air-drying too fast. Also, a nail file / emery board to shave down the biggest chunks of remaining glue.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Highway
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Highway » 28 Oct 2018, 19:26

My wife does the fingertip foil-wrapping when she is removing polish.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

nicole

Post by nicole » 01 Nov 2018, 19:28

I got a blowout today for the first time ever and it’s pretty amazing. My hair is totally straight and flat and sleek like I could never do myself. It was for a work thing and I totally feel like I dressed up like one of the sales/accounts girls for the day.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 02 Nov 2018, 13:13

nicole wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 19:28
I got a blowout today for the first time ever and it’s pretty amazing. My hair is totally straight and flat and sleek like I could never do myself. It was for a work thing and I totally feel like I dressed up like one of the sales/accounts girls for the day.
I'm intrigued. So it's better than flat ironing?
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Nov 2018, 13:52

Rachel wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 13:13
nicole wrote:
I don't understand. Are you talking about flat tires or cooking steaks?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Nov 2018, 14:45

Rachel wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 13:13
nicole wrote:
It was a significant decrease in overall volume compared to flatironing for me. If you look at the drybar styles I got the “Manhattan” which is specifically flat/sleek. I’ve never had this little volume. And it’s the same on day 2.

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 25 Nov 2018, 14:52

One of Jeff's colleagues invited us to a Christmas party in a couple of weeks, and the invitation said to wear "Christmas colors" for group photos. (Ugh.) I don't have any actual "Christmas colors" in my wardrobe -- I can't wear red, and my green clothes are not "Christmas" green (except for a couple of silk things which are undeniably nightshirts, and can't be accessorized and repurposed into party clothes). So I checked the usual round of thrift stores yesterday, and found something that will work: a transparent black rayon blouse covered with colorful shiny balls embroidered in metallic thread. The blouse is actually a little large on me, but since I'll be wearing it over a skintight black long-sleeved pulllover, it should still work for a party ensemble.

However, that blouse also had pads sewn into its shoulders (which I promptly cut out as soon as I got home yesterday). Please, please, PLEASE tell me the "shoulder pads for women" look isn't coming back into vogue.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

nicole

Post by nicole » 26 Nov 2018, 08:26

It’s totally back in! Or was at least. Not sure if still.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 26 Nov 2018, 15:22

Blecch. Just as well that rayon party blouse is already a bit large for me, then -- if it actually were my size, then it would hang funny now that I've cut out the shoulder pads. (If the blouse were opaque then I never ever would've bought it--I would not go to a party wearing what looks like a baggy sweatshirt, even if the sweatshirt IS covered with metallic Christmas ornaments. But since it is completely diaphanous except for those metallic colored circles, it works well to transform a form-fitting Gothy outfit into a festive holiday one.)
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 11 Dec 2018, 17:11

Serious question (although I feel a bit silly for asking it): was there or is there some change in style for women's shirt-sleeve cuffs, specifically that cuffs are supposed to be bigger now?

Why I ask: I'm wearing a new-to-me shirt right now (as with most thrift-store clothing purchases, I have no idea when it was ACTUALLY "new," though I suspect its previous owner rarely if ever wore it, because it's a plaid pattern in VERY dark colors that show not even the faintest hint of fading): a basic long-sleeved button-front winter-weight shirt from Abercrombie and Fitch, women's size small, fits well except for one thing: the sleeve-cuffs seem to be unusually large. Usually, when I button the sleeve-cuffs of a shirt my size, I expect them to fit snugly: not skin-tight, but tight enough that when buttoned, I can at most fit one or two fingers of my opposing hand into the sleeve next to my wrist. But these cuffs are loose enough that I can almost fit my entire hand into them. The rest of the sleeve fits normally; only the cuffs hang so loose. It's like a size-small shirt with size-medium or -large cuffs.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 22 Dec 2018, 02:58

Facebook advertised this to me today. Charlotte Russe is a regular mall store -- this isn't one of those weird order-something-from-China-that-may-never-arrive ads -- and, as far as I can tell, this is intended to be actual daytime clothing that forms a complete outfit by itself. I feel one thousand years old.

https://www.charlotterusse.com/v-neck-w ... 37855.html

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 22 Dec 2018, 05:26

"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 22 Dec 2018, 15:31

I like how at least the Charlotte Russe page tells you the model's height and the size of the dress. The woman wearing the romper is 5'11; if my much-shorter-self tried wearing it it would look like one of those long-skirted pioneer dresses, if pioneer women wore spaghetti straps.

nicole

Post by nicole » 22 Dec 2018, 21:04

I have been known to dress like that in summer.

But you have to move it to the side to pee. Naked girl is an amateur.

Mo

Post by Mo » 24 Dec 2018, 12:51

nicole wrote:I have been known to dress like that in summer.

How do you move the shorts to the side?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 15 Jan 2019, 12:53

I'm window-shopping online for professional clothes and I come across this ensemble, "the ultimate to carry you from work to happy hour."

THOSE ARE PAJAMAS.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 15 Jan 2019, 13:08

Ellie wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 12:53
I'm window-shopping online for professional clothes and I come across this ensemble, "the ultimate to carry you from work to happy hour."

THOSE ARE PAJAMAS.
And isn't the time you go to sleep your happiest hour?

nicole

Post by nicole » 15 Jan 2019, 13:14

Mo wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 12:51
nicole wrote:I have been known to dress like that in summer.

How do you move the shorts to the side?
They have like a two-inch inseam, it's basically like if it were underpants.

dhex

Post by dhex » 15 Jan 2019, 13:25

Ellie wrote:

THOSE ARE PAJAMAS.
Executive loungewear is a thing for ladies. It looks terrible
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Jan 2019, 16:38

dhex wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 13:25
Ellie wrote:

THOSE ARE PAJAMAS.
I wouldn't kick her out of cubicle.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Jan 2019, 18:12

dhex wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 13:25
Ellie wrote:

THOSE ARE PAJAMAS.
I wasn't expecting to see a trend anytime soon that looked less professional than the wearing-yoga-pants-to-work thing. And it actually looks worse, somehow.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 20 Jan 2019, 08:25

Needs moar cold shoulders

Mo

Post by Mo » 20 Jan 2019, 15:48

Glad ladies can also shop from the Hef sleepwear collection in 2019.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 23 Jan 2019, 01:43

The flounce sleeve trend is officially out of control.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 23 Jan 2019, 09:12

That appears to be the ladies' version of the Seinfeld pirate shirt.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren