Ladyfashun

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

Re: Ladyfashun

Post by Ellie » 28 Oct 2018, 18:39

I think longer soaks are the key. Fingertips in the acetone at least 10 minutes and possibly up to 30. Some people swear by covering the nail in acetone and then wrapping the fingertip up in tinfoil so it can soak without air-drying too fast. Also, a nail file / emery board to shave down the biggest chunks of remaining glue.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Highway

Post by Highway » 28 Oct 2018, 19:26

My wife does the fingertip foil-wrapping when she is removing polish.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

nicole

Post by nicole » 01 Nov 2018, 19:28

I got a blowout today for the first time ever and it’s pretty amazing. My hair is totally straight and flat and sleek like I could never do myself. It was for a work thing and I totally feel like I dressed up like one of the sales/accounts girls for the day.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 02 Nov 2018, 13:13

nicole wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 19:28
I got a blowout today for the first time ever and it’s pretty amazing. My hair is totally straight and flat and sleek like I could never do myself. It was for a work thing and I totally feel like I dressed up like one of the sales/accounts girls for the day.
I'm intrigued. So it's better than flat ironing?
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Nov 2018, 13:52

Rachel wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 13:13
nicole wrote:
I don't understand. Are you talking about flat tires or cooking steaks?
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Nov 2018, 14:45

Rachel wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 13:13
nicole wrote:
It was a significant decrease in overall volume compared to flatironing for me. If you look at the drybar styles I got the “Manhattan” which is specifically flat/sleek. I’ve never had this little volume. And it’s the same on day 2.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul