Powerful Mice in Space (The New Star Wars Gripe Thread)

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JasonL

Re: Powerful Mice in Space (The New Star Wars Gripe Thread)

Post by JasonL »

It was super meh though at least it looked pretty good throughout visually. That alone puts it above all of the prequels.

1) Empire
2) Rogue One
3) New Hope
4) Solo
5) Force Awakens
6) Rise of Skywalker
7) Last Jedi
8) Return of the Jedi
9) Revenge of the Sith
10) Phantom Menace
11) Attack of the Clones

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

Finally saw it, it was ok, all of this generations actors collectively are better than each previous generation's actors collectively, the cohesiveness of the three movies of this era was shit, but that only mattered in that this generation's bad guys were terrible because there was no thru line with any of them except for Ren/Solo. (Well Palapatine has been who he always was, which is sorta the problem too.)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe »

thoreau wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 00:08
I agree with Robby Soave:

My contrary opinion is that I wish they would have made a tiny but clear opening on the evil that still exists. Because *that's* a powerful theme - evil can't really be defeated in its totality, merely subdued for a time. (See also, the Lord of the Rings)

If I do have a nitpick with the ending, Luke and Leia appearing to Rey, and Rey honoring them, *really* does a disservice to her own biological parents who sacrificed their own lives to try to keep her safe.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex