tio's neato nature thread

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Warren

Re: tio's neato nature thread

Post by Warren »

I have seen snow every winter of my life. Lots of snow. Uncountable snowdays, Eskimo named varieties of, snowballs, snowmen. I've seen a fuckton of snow is what I'm trying to say here. But I've never seen anything like this. The other night we received a couple inches of accumulation on top of a couple inches of rain. The next day it began to melt off. While the snow was deep an animal walked up our drive and down our walk (avoiding the icy lake in the middle), or perhaps walked up our walk and down our drive, and left it's foot prints. And the snow around those tracks resisted melting like a path of donuts left by Hansel and Gretel to find their way back to the witches house. And what kind of animal walks with only its left feet (or is it the right feet)?

ducktrax.jpg
ducktrax.jpg (331.83 KiB) Viewed 58 times
wabbittrax.jpg
wabbittrax.jpg (314.05 KiB) Viewed 58 times
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

I'm guessing cat, fox, doggo, maybe coyote but the separation is small.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 19:09
I'm guessing cat, fox, doggo, maybe coyote but the separation is small.
I've seen fox around here, and it's be great to have one in our yard, but more likely a cat.

In other news, a frog got himself squished under our garage door. Like oh damn, sorry bud. Now it's been wet as hell, and while most days have been above freezing, I'd have still thought it was too damned cold for frogs.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT