the list of those things which are not food

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

Re: the list of those things which are not food

Post by Ellie » 28 Nov 2017, 19:12

That's why you buy the bottles of sauce to go!
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Mo

Post by Mo » 28 Nov 2017, 21:51

Highway wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 18:57
Ellie wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 17:43
BWW sauces are the market #noshame
The shame is that there's no food product in the building worth putting any sauce on.
When I went to BW3 in the 05-07 timeframe, the wings were good. Then they proved why massive growth sucks for restaurants.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 28 Nov 2017, 22:41

It is the only chain that just never gave me food after I ordered it - twice in two different locations.

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Dec 2017, 10:08

JasonL wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 22:41
It is the only chain that just never gave me food after I ordered it - twice in two different locations.
Denny's. Four times across as many decades and states.
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 01 Dec 2017, 15:23

Warren wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 10:08
JasonL wrote:
For me that would be all four times I went to a Denny's.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Dec 2017, 15:24

lunchstealer wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 15:23
Warren wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 10:08
JasonL wrote:
For me that would be all four times I went to a Denny's.
There was a fifth, but yeah.
Bitch about Brexit to your hearts content, but stay out of my historical movies. - Nick Hodges

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 02 Dec 2017, 07:20

The Starbuck's premade coldbrew coffee is just as bad as I figured it would be. No wonder the grocery store had it on deep discount.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

JD

Post by JD » 07 Dec 2017, 11:54

There's a bag of snacks - Good Natured "Veg-ables!" - for sale in the office pantry that says in prominent words "spinach, carrots & tomatoes." But if you examine the bag closely, the small print in front actually says "Includes several nutrients extracted from wholesome vegetables like".

I wasn't expecting it to be health food, it's a bag of salty starch I got from the pantry, but that's just hilariously brazen.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 23 Jan 2018, 00:38

Pumpkin Spice Collagen Bars. What. Why. What.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 23 Jan 2018, 01:14

I'm waiting for the pumpkin spice baking soda, for when you need your basic to go to 11.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 23 Jan 2018, 07:58

Itym 15.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Jan 2018, 08:22

Ellie wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 00:38
the bulletproof people are the worst.

(the keto people in general are pretty much the worst. they're a ufo cult level of dumb sometimes.)
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 23 Jan 2018, 09:52

Um ... bulletproof people?

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 23 Jan 2018, 09:57

dhex wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 08:22
Ellie wrote:

(the keto people in general are pretty much the worst. they're a ufo cult level of dumb sometimes.)
No, the fasting people who eschew calories in favor of consuming Jason Fung's semen are the worst worst.

But keto sure produces some dumbfuckery in mass quantities.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 23 Jan 2018, 10:04

JasonL wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 09:52
It's like if a motivational leadership seminar took over a GNC and sold only products made of special oils that cause you to poop yourself when you eat too much.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 23 Jan 2018, 10:13

Ellie wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 10:04
JasonL wrote:
It's like if a motivational leadership seminar took over a GNC and sold only products made of special oils that cause you to poop yourself when you eat too much.
I love the smell of coconut oil diarrhea in the morning... smells like victory.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Warren

Post by Warren » 23 Jan 2018, 10:15

Nope, vegans are the worst if only because they are the hardest to avoid.

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Jan 2018, 13:24

JasonL wrote:
it's mary kay for people who think that's "gay, bro"

ipecac alert:
https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

https://www.bulletproof.com

it's a lot of "smart" stuff because nothing should tell you that you're getting ripped off faster than someone who wants to sell you something telling you you're "smart". it's like if you tell a lady "wow, your eyes are really pretty" on a date. what you really mean is "you meet the acceptable threshold for penis stuff".

bulletproof's brand is like that, but the penis is cc #s and getting one over on "the medical-industrial complex" which functions as an ex boyfriend who never really appreciated how creative you are.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

dhex

Post by dhex » 23 Jan 2018, 13:26

Ellie wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 09:57
dhex wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 08:22
Ellie wrote:

No, the fasting people who eschew calories in favor of consuming Jason Fung's semen are the worst worst.
ok, fair. i'm all for intermittent fasting and that but jesus that guy sounds like the most used car of used car salesmen. like he sells other used car salesmen used cars.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 23 Jan 2018, 13:54

Directions:

1. Make your coffee. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.

2. Add Brain Octane Oil. Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil (start slow with this stuff – it’s powerful!)

3. Add grass-fed butter or ghee. Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee. Make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.

4. Blend. Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a creamy latte. There will be a good amount of foam on top.
Start slow! You don't want to wreck your puny brain!

And filtered water? But Raw WaterTM has been filtered by the Earth which loves me!

4 tbs. of oil in a cuppa joe. Yeezus.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

nicole

Post by nicole » 23 Jan 2018, 13:56

Warren wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 10:15
Nope, vegans are the worst if only because they are the hardest to avoid.
I have zero vegan friends. I have multiple keto friends.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 23 Jan 2018, 15:02

I have three vegan friends and a couple friends who've flirted with keto but not done it.

But the vegan friends are fine, although foreign travel with them is not recommended, although if they're willing to ignore things like fish sauce for the trip it gets easier.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 23 Jan 2018, 15:16

The only kind of people it is okay to be friends with are the ones who never:

1. Talk about their diet, or
2. Talk about food unless it is "that restaurant's good/bad" or "I can't eat that because I would die if I did."

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 23 Jan 2018, 15:22

Compatible types can hang. In the sense that you don't really want to talk about religion much in mixed company, modern food religions are very difficult to integrate with people who view food as either blah/neutral or as a source of delight. Religion permits neither indifference nor delight in the wrong thing.

In mixed company of indifferents and enthusiasts you can just make good basics and not talk about them, unless the enthusiasts get too enthusiastic (as I am wont to do) or unless the indifferents scoff at everything as they are wont to do.

Warren

Post by Warren » 23 Jan 2018, 15:27

JasonL wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 15:22
Compatible types can hang. In the sense that you don't really want to talk about religion much in mixed company, modern food religions are very difficult to integrate with people who view food as either blah/neutral or as a source of delight. Religion permits neither indifference nor delight in the wrong thing.

In mixed company of indifferents and enthusiasts you can just make good basics and not talk about them, unless the enthusiasts get too enthusiastic (as I am wont to do) or unless the indifferents scoff at everything as they are wont to do.
It's only the evangelists I can't tolerate. Certain culinary religions are more prone to evangelizing than others.