Podcasts - Watcha listening to?

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
thoreau

Re: Podcasts - Watcha listening to?

Post by thoreau »

" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Josh Szeps' Uncomfortable Conversations is pretty good.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... 8xMjc3NA==

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Now that podcasts are increasingly distance recorded, perhaps the time has come to start a Grylliade Podcast? (Audio only, natch.)

Number 6

Post by Number 6 »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 15:53
Now that podcasts are increasingly distance recorded, perhaps the time has come to start a Grylliade Podcast? (Audio only, natch.)
Who would listen? And should the first episode be devoted to abortion or grammar?
" i discovered you eat dog dicks out of a bowl marked "dog dicks" because you're too stupid to remember where you left your bowl of dog dicks."-dhex, of course.
"Come, let us go forth and not rape together"-Jadagul

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

Number 6 wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 16:01
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
Who would listen? And should the first episode be devoted to abortion or grammar?
What, no consideration for condiments you statist bootlicker?
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

thoreau wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 16:26
Number 6 wrote:
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
We could get Jadagul to plug it to his ex-girlfriends and instantly have more listeners than Reason.

Warren

Post by Warren »

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 16:38
thoreau wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 16:26
Number 6 wrote:
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
We could get Jadagul to plug it to his ex-girlfriends and instantly have more listeners than Reason.
Boom!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman »

A) I'm into actually doing something podcasty with the gryllitariat. Interesting idea tbh, premise being many/most of us haven't actually met.

2: I'm currently enjoying Red Scare podcast and will probably get onto their Patreon at some point.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b »

I've helped with a podcast. I can't remember whether Fyodor worked on a podcast or just appeared on a few.

Could have sworn someone else did something a few years back, but it's late.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

JD

Post by JD »

I have decided that I'm just not a podcast person. Science Vs is OK, though. Their content has been 100% coronavirus-related ever since January, though, which means I'm not listening to any new episodes.
I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

@dhex:

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

dhex

Post by dhex »

oh this is pretty dang good.

the first song's vocal effect is wacky...sounds like a bad vocoder plug with only a few bands...
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper »

dhex wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 20:57

the first song's vocal effect is wacky...sounds like a bad vocoder plug with only a few bands...
"Dan" on the podcast is Dan Boeckner from Wolf Parade. Charles is one of the guys who do the e1 song parodies like "Black Flanders" and "Emotional Support Candle".

Personally, I think that Occhipinti really peaks when he sings about his passion, dining at the Waffle House.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

It kind of sounds like the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Robot Choir, only slightly worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-t3I5uFro
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake

dhex

Post by dhex »

dbcooper wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 21:04
dhex wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 20:57

"Dan" on the podcast is Dan Boeckner from Wolf Parade. Charles is one of the guys who do the e1 song parodies like "Black Flanders" and "Emotional Support Candle".

Personally, I think that Occhipinti really peaks when he sings about his passion, dining at the Waffle House.
+1 to waffle house. i could go for some waffle house right now.

i don't know if waffle house deserves a better anthem, however. it feels...right.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God

Jake

Post by Jake »

Holy crap. I didn't intend to listen to the whole thing, but I listened to the whole thing. Utter madness.
"One doesn't want to be a Chicken Little but OTOH does the sky look closer to you? It looks closer to me." -- Warren