What are you drinking?

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Mo

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Mo » 05 Mar 2019, 15:35

Maybe it is the champagne of beers. (Look in the upper left quadrant near the x-axis)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... mardi-gras
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Mar 2019, 12:59

Mo wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 15:35
Maybe it is the champagne of beers. (Look in the upper left quadrant near the x-axis)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... mardi-gras
Really it's the house red of beers but yes.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 13 Apr 2019, 16:35

I was drinking Monkey Shoulder Scotch last night. Surprisingly good and according to google, very reasonably priced. Anyone else ever taste it?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Apr 2019, 09:47

I've had it before. It's pretty decent.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

JD

Post by JD » 15 Apr 2019, 14:32

Same here, not for quite a while though.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Warren

Post by Warren » 04 May 2019, 17:27

MODUS HOPERANDI - IPA
by Ska Brewing (CO)

At 6.8% ABV it's a wee mite strong for me. Damned tasty though. Good bitter bite without being overpowering (I'm looking at you Dogfish Head). But it's the finish that makes it. A bright piney dry-hop aftertaste that lingers.

The can sports the phrase "Lip Up Fatty". After may clicks through the YouGoogs, I think I understand the meaning, but not the reason. I do dig the bobby-soxers graphic though.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 05 May 2019, 03:58

The other night, I tried some Jim Beam I'd gotten for Christmas.

...It turned out to be OK in a honey-and-bitters Old Fashioned.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 09 May 2019, 20:06

Warren wrote:
04 May 2019, 17:27
MODUS HOPERANDI - IPA
by Ska Brewing (CO)

At 6.8% ABV it's a wee mite strong for me. Damned tasty though. Good bitter bite without being overpowering (I'm looking at you Dogfish Head). But it's the finish that makes it. A bright piney dry-hop aftertaste that lingers.

The can sports the phrase "Lip Up Fatty". After may clicks through the YouGoogs, I think I understand the meaning, but not the reason. I do dig the bobby-soxers graphic though.
If you can get some Deschute's Pinedrops is an excellent resinous IPA in the west coast style.
"People are sometimes the answer, but they are ALWAYS the problem." -- Ellie
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

JD

Post by JD » 10 May 2019, 11:43

Warren wrote:
04 May 2019, 17:27
At 6.8% ABV it's a wee mite strong for me.
"At 6.8% ABV it's a wee mite strong"?!?! My everyday go-to is something like Snake Dog, at 7.1%, or Delicious IPA, at 7.7%. If I'm feeling it, I go for Raging Bitch, at 8.3%, and I'm looking forward to trying The Truth, at 8.7%, and every now and then I like a Double Bastard at 11%.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

JD

Post by JD » 10 May 2019, 11:44

That said, this last week I was drinking El Sully. It's fine, although frankly I think if your goal is "Mexican Lager" you can get there cheaper.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 10 May 2019, 16:41

I often go for wee heavies and strong IPAs but there's a lot to be said for a good session beer.

BTW, I am not down with the examples of brut IPAs I've had. There's a trendy hop profile that I'm not digging. I imagine this is what older beer drinkers thought when tasting Cascade for the first time, but yeah it's just irksome. Like all the wrong grapefruit flavors or something. Like just the pith.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 10 May 2019, 18:13

I like the brut stuff. It's IPA without all of that grainy sweetness. Yeah, it's out of balance and no I won't drink them all the time but when I want a bitter punch in the face it fits the bill.

ETA: I also like campari and most amaros so... yeah.
"People are sometimes the answer, but they are ALWAYS the problem." -- Ellie
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex