Tiny Triumphs

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JD

Re: Tiny Triumphs

Post by JD » 18 Sep 2017, 16:48

That is not such a tiny triumph, either. Stability is a good thing, so big thumbs up.

Warren

Post by Warren » 09 Oct 2017, 20:54

I have successfully replicated Cracker Barrel's Maple Pecan Chicken.
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 09 Oct 2017, 22:12

Warren wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 20:54
I have successfully replicated Cracker Barrel's Maple Pecan Chicken.
They have dispatched assassins.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 16 Oct 2017, 17:59

Not so much a triumph as a "rescued from my laziness in the nick of time."

The weather's been getting a bit chilly in the evenings with lows in the mid-high 30s. I had been putting off harvesting the last of the garden goodies (mostly herbs and carrots). This past Saturday I finally got off my butt and with the wife's help harvested it all, rinsed, dried, sorted and put it away (some for long term drying on racks and the rest in the fridge/freezer).

This morning it was a brisk 17F, our first real hard freeze of the season. Had I not gotten motivated my sage would have been mush and my carrots would be much harder to dig out of the ground. I'm calling it a win.
"I want to live in a world where the Democrats are competent enough to secretly have millions of illegal aliens vote, but dumb enough to concentrate them in California and New York."=--Mo

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 16 Oct 2017, 18:59

We've already had three nights down into the 20s, but no teens yet.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 16 Oct 2017, 21:30

Today, we've finally had the experience of going a whole 24-plus hours with no AC. Still a little stuffy in my apartment even with the windows open, though; it's 60-something outside, 74 in here.

Jeff and I brought in our patio furniture today -- after first cleaning it, and holy crap was it FILTHY (especially since I'd just cleaned it a week or so ago) -- because tomorrow they're supposed to pressure-wash the fronts of all the buildings.

Note to self: remember to shut the patio door and all windows before going to bed tomorrow morning/late tonight.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 16 Oct 2017, 23:35

I may have managed to dayshift, after basically not sleeping last night due to insomnia, but still making a morning appointment. We'll see...
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem