Worth a Thousand Lulz

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

Worth a Thousand Lulz

Post by Ellie » 02 Apr 2013, 09:49

A thread for funny photos.

To kick this off, a collection: "Infomercial GIfs, because real life is hard."
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

nicole

Re: Worth a Thousand Lulz

Post by nicole » 02 Apr 2013, 10:35

I love it! We're always wondering why infomercial peeps seem so wildly unable to perform normal life tasks.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Privilege is having large phones fit into the garments that society expects you to wear." -Dangerman

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 02 Apr 2013, 10:36

Apparently there's a whole subreddit collecting them! http://www.reddit.com/r/wheredidthesoda ... =top&t=all

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Apr 2013, 10:42

Ellie wrote:A thread for funny photos.

3:40 in
http://www.cracked.com/video_18304_4-tv ... erses.html
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 02 Apr 2013, 11:06

Ellie wrote:A thread for funny photos.

This is one of my favoritest things ever in the history of the internets. I love these things so much. The spaghetti strainer pot was so awesome. It actually made me afraid of my colander for a while.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 02 Apr 2013, 11:37

David and I quote this post of yours CONSTANTLY even to this day:
On Drupal Grylliade, JasonL wrote:You know what I love? I mean REALLY love? Those infomercials that make everyday life seem like an impossible task. My fav recently is that combo pan / strainer that shows a guy ineffectually trying to drain pasta in an 'old fashioned' collander. He throws macaroni everywhere, burns himself, and falls.

"Does THIS ever happen to you?"

Uh, no. No it doesn't.

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 02 Apr 2013, 11:54

So I send this to my wife and I get:
Closing the [overstuffed] Tupperware lid reminds me of you.
I also, FYI, really sympathize with the guy struggling to clean the inside of windshield. That shit is hard.
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 02 Apr 2013, 11:59

Ellie wrote:David and I quote this post of yours CONSTANTLY even to this day:
On Drupal Grylliade, JasonL wrote:You know what I love? I mean REALLY love? Those infomercials that make everyday life seem like an impossible task. My fav recently is that combo pan / strainer that shows a guy ineffectually trying to drain pasta in an 'old fashioned' collander. He throws macaroni everywhere, burns himself, and falls.

"Does THIS ever happen to you?"

Uh, no. No it doesn't.
Ha! I didn't remember that ...

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Apr 2013, 12:02

The greatest actors I've ever seen are the ones from the original Snuggie commercials. It takes great talent to convey the concept "I am so clueless, I literally do not know how to operate a blanket."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 02 Apr 2013, 13:07

I'm going to have to check this out at home with the in-house counsel. We have frequently commented that if people were as dumb as commercials imply, the human race would have died out years ago.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Painboy

Post by Painboy » 02 Apr 2013, 13:57

My favorite had to do with some new piece of exercise equipment. I think it was an elliptical runner or something. But it was hosted by that guy with the horrible sweaters who seemed to be in every one of these things for awhile.

So they get to the part where they want to show how easy the new machine is. Of course they drag out all the other competing exercise equipment first to show you hard they are. The first one is an old Nordic track, which probably does take at least some coordination to work. But the sweater guy quickly makes it look like only Olympic athletes should try this at home.

Then they bring out a treadmill. Not one with a slope or anything fancy. Just a basic treadmill. When it starts up sweater guy some how makes walking in a straight line so laborious and spastic you would have thought he had been instantly struct with rickets and a severe inner ear infection.

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Apr 2013, 14:48

Painboy wrote:My favorite had to do with some new piece of exercise equipment. I think it was an elliptical runner or something. But it was hosted by that guy with the horrible sweaters who seemed to be in every one of these things for awhile.

So they get to the part where they want to show how easy the new machine is. Of course they drag out all the other competing exercise equipment first to show you hard they are. The first one is an old Nordic track, which probably does take at least some coordination to work. But the sweater guy quickly makes it look like only Olympic athletes should try this at home.

Then they bring out a treadmill. Not one with a slope or anything fancy. Just a basic treadmill. When it starts up sweater guy some how makes walking in a straight line so laborious and spastic you would have thought he had been instantly struct with rickets and a severe inner ear infection.
Maybe he was just drunk
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 04 Apr 2013, 00:10

Ayn_Randian wrote:So I send this to my wife and I get:
Closing the [overstuffed] Tupperware lid reminds me of you.
I also, FYI, really sympathize with the guy struggling to clean the inside of windshield. That shit is hard.
Yeah, that was the only "Does this happen to you" moment that happens to everyone (well, except people who don't bother to clean the inside of their car). Finding that to be a horrific experience just means you're paying attention.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Timothy

Post by Timothy » 04 Apr 2013, 01:02

Not as great as the gifs, but this old chemistry safety video is pretty classic:

That video is of the most hilarious/creepy part of the thing below is a compilation of the other great moments:
"i say make some popcorn and give me a blanket to hide this six foot boner i have." --dhex

"The difference between Hodor! and Jeb! is that at the end of the day, one of them gets to stop pretending he's retarded." -- Jasper

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 04 Apr 2013, 10:35

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 04 Apr 2013, 18:03

Ellie wrote:Image
Lovely. :)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 04 Apr 2013, 20:58

Terry Crews Old Spice Commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 10 Apr 2013, 21:11

So annoyed I can't find who the artist is AND that this isn't a t-shirt.

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 10 Apr 2013, 22:19

It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 10 Apr 2013, 22:24

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU *tacklehugs AR*

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 11 Apr 2013, 00:33

Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 11 Apr 2013, 01:23

That one is pretty lulzy FFF.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 11 Apr 2013, 01:29

Hugh Akston wrote:That one is pretty lulzy FFF.
I've been trying to think up a "All drinking men are . . . something or other" to replace the text.
Saudi Arabia is doing something potentially harmful to America? Oh, hell. Does that mean we're going to invade Iraq again? - Jennifer

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 11 Apr 2013, 09:02

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 11 Apr 2013, 16:38