It's not the size of the screen...

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Warren

Re: It's not the size of the screen...

Post by Warren »

lunchstealer wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 18:48
Warren wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 16:28
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 15:52
Warren wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 14:44
JasonL wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 13:29
Wife just wrapped a Community binge a thon. I got tired of it but thought it was funny in parts. Late seasons were strained as is always the case. I thought Parks and Rec was really strong after the first season and I expected to hate it as I'm not an Office guy.
Parks and Rec definitely more watchable than The Office. I think I'm too geezer for Community.
I generally didn't and still don't like sitcoms of that sort and those years. 30 Rock is something of an exception. You'd have to mark every episode of Community to warn me if Chevy Chase was in it so I could skip those episodes before giving it a try.
But he's the only member of the cast old enough to remember dial phones. His are the only episodes I might want to watch.
Joel McHale is older than I am. I remember when VCRs were the new hot thing, and people still thought that BetaScan was gonna be the one because of the better picture quality, and ours had a remote - with a cord. I was excited when we got a new TV with push-buttons to change channels instead of knobs.
Tell me which episodes you're in and I'll watch those.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

dead_elvis

Post by dead_elvis »

A few episodes in to The Great, enjoying it. I would describe it as Sansa Stark by way of Iannucci and Drunk History.
"Never forget: a war on undocumented immigrants by necessity is a war on all of our freedoms of association and movement."

dhex

Post by dhex »

I am unsure of what I think of midnight gospel. It is very creative and animation is very good - if gross. The forced improv effect is more uneven.
"i ran over the cat and didnt stop just carried on with tears in my eyes joose driving my way to work." - God