It's not the size of the screen...

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ellie

Re: It's not the size of the screen...

Post by Ellie » 09 Mar 2018, 19:28

Ellie wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 23:17
A few episodes into Archer: Dreamland (season 8) which just became available on Hulu. It's not amazing but I'm enjoying it so far.
Episode 4 has a robot cat and Nazis getting slaughtered! It's Ellie Christmas!
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 09 Mar 2018, 20:02

Ellie wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 19:28
Ellie wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 23:17
A few episodes into Archer: Dreamland (season 8) which just became available on Hulu. It's not amazing but I'm enjoying it so far.
Episode 4 has a robot cat and Nazis getting slaughtered! It's Ellie Christmas!
The app that FX put out for it was pretty fun too, though I only solved one of the "extra" puzzles.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex
"Sweet tea is the archvillain in Wilford Brimley's origin story." -- Ellie

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 11 Mar 2018, 00:05

Finished Archer: Dreamland. The ending was definitely NOT Ellie Christmas.

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 11 Mar 2018, 14:15

Ellie wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 00:05
Finished Archer: Dreamland. The ending was definitely NOT Ellie Christmas.
Oh yeah, she dies, he dies, they all die eventually.
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 15 Mar 2018, 21:58

ZOMFG! They're bringing back Trading Spaces! And it looks like they've got the whole original cast.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
#noshame
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 16 Mar 2018, 12:24

Warren wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 21:58
ZOMFG! They're bringing back Trading Spaces! And it looks like they've got the whole original cast.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
#noshame
I definitely will not mind seeing Paige Davis on my telly again.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 16 Mar 2018, 12:28

Ellie wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 22:54
I'm watching season 1 of Fortitude on Amazon Prime. The cute Scandinavian women don't hurt :)
Onto season 2 and they are cuter than ever. Petra + Ingrid = a number of snow-capped fantasies for Ellie :lol:

Warren

Post by Warren » 16 Mar 2018, 12:32

Jasper wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 12:24
Warren wrote:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
#noshame
You realize she's 10 years older now. Shouldn't be a problem since you're 10 years older too. just sayin.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 16 Mar 2018, 12:36

Warren wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 12:32
Jasper wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 12:24
Warren wrote:
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
#noshame
You realize she's 10 years older now. Shouldn't be a problem since you're 10 years older too. just sayin.
I'm hearing'. I googled. Still lovely.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 16 Mar 2018, 17:41

Netflix has a show called Nailed It. We binge watched the whole thing last weekend. It's rando people trying to recreate professional baking in like 2 hours. It's Pinterest fails as a TV show. I lurve it so.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 18 Mar 2018, 22:07

Season 2 of Fortitude: oh my

uh, trigger warning for castration

wowza

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 19 Mar 2018, 14:41

tr0g wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 17:41
Netflix has a show called Nailed It. We binge watched the whole thing last weekend. It's rando people trying to recreate professional baking in like 2 hours. It's Pinterest fails as a TV show. I lurve it so.
Thank you so much for mentioning this. I mentioned to the wife that it seems they have a live action version of cakewrecks and she was all in. We binged the whole thing.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 20 Mar 2018, 08:43

A couple episodes into Altered Carbon.

1. Very pretty.
2. I appreciate the quantity of naked man ass. Needs more peen tho
3. I like Poe!

tr0g

Post by tr0g » 20 Mar 2018, 11:27

Kwix wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 14:41
tr0g wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 17:41
Thank you so much for mentioning this. I mentioned to the wife that it seems they have a live action version of cakewrecks and she was all in. We binged the whole thing.
No probs. We enjoyed the hell out of it. I hope they make more. I thought Jacques Torres giving advice and tips was a nice part of it.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 20 Mar 2018, 23:24

Ellie wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 08:43
A couple episodes into Altered Carbon.

1. Very pretty.
2. I appreciate the quantity of naked man ass. Needs more peen tho
3. I like Poe!
Episode 4: OH GOODY, TORTURE

god damn it

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 26 Mar 2018, 04:04

AMC put the first episode of The Terror after The Walking Dead. So far it looks good. I didn’t finish the novel, as I got stuck halfway through when my life got to a point where tension in book form just exacerbated tension in IRL form, but an hour in they’re matching the tone well.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 27 Mar 2018, 15:32

Just noticed AHC nestled in among the high numbered channels. Apparently it's the All Hitler Channel.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 27 Mar 2018, 22:08

It's basically Discovery Wings in the world of Dana Loesch.

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 28 Mar 2018, 02:39

lunchstealer wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 04:04
AMC put the first episode of The Terror after The Walking Dead. So far it looks good. I didn’t finish the novel, as I got stuck halfway through when my life got to a point where tension in book form just exacerbated tension in IRL form, but an hour in they’re matching the tone well.
Second episode also quite good. They do a great job of holding the mood, although the musical numbers do kinda take you out of the moment.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Mar 2018, 15:49

Warren wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 15:32
Just noticed AHC nestled in among the high numbered channels. Apparently it's the All Hitler Channel.
Worse -- it's the American Heroes Channel. I discovered it when I was in Loudoun:
Jennifer wrote:
10 May 2014, 11:43
There's a new cable network called the "American Heroes Channel" ("hero" = "anyone who ever served in the US military"), which I gather is another offshoot of the Military or Military History channels; the commercials for the network I've seen while watching others show mainly ads for documentaries with titles like That One Battle from the Vietnam War: The True Story or Another Battle from the Vietnam War: What Really Happened, plus lots of stories of US military heroic actions post-2001.

Meanwhile, I was going through the DVR's future listings one day and opted to schedule a future recording of a documentary called "Nazis: Evolution of Evil." I didn't pay attention to who was airing it, so not until I actually watched it did I learn that it airs on the American Heroes Channel. In fact, if you're watching a recorded episode of Nazis: Evolution of Evil and fast-forward through the commercial breaks, the last commercial of any such break always advertises an upcoming program on this same network, before segueing back to the program you were watching. Thus, while watching that particular hour-long program with commercial breaks, you'll see four or five instances of the words "AMERICAN HEROES" filling your TV screen, only to fade out and be immediately replaced by "NAZIS."
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 28 Mar 2018, 23:17

So--did anyone else watch the new Roseanne?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Warren

Post by Warren » 29 Mar 2018, 01:52

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 29 Mar 2018, 13:33

Jennifer wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 23:17
So--did anyone else watch the new Roseanne?
I did. I thought the repartee was as clever as I recall, though I wasn't a regular watcher of the original show. I watched it more out of curiosity than interest and thought the transvestite grandson plot was contrived. Barr and Goodman still have great chemistry, though, and I think I'd be more inclined to watch if there were fewer family members involved and more interaction between just the two of them.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 29 Mar 2018, 13:50

I watched most of the first episode out of mrs lunch's curiosity, and I agree that Barr's timing was off. Dunno if it got/gets better but there's enough TV out there that I probably won't stick around to find out.

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Apr 2018, 15:15

The Robert Irvine Show
OMFG! I've been transported to the mirror universe! In my world Robert Irvine is Chef Robert on The Food Network. He's a very successful TV Chef and not at all a Jerry Springer wannabe.
Do you have Go Fund Me here? I'm going to need some help getting back. I'm afraid to ask who the POTUS is here.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT