Heroes and zeroes of the animal kingdom

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer

Re: Heroes and zeroes of the animal kingdom

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Sep 2019, 03:07

Goo goo g'joob
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

JD

Post by JD » 01 Oct 2019, 12:28

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Warren

Post by Warren » 01 Oct 2019, 12:40

JD wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 12:28
If a bison gores you, then a few months later you take your new girlfriend to a date at the same park, and a bison gores her, the bison may just not like you.

(That, or he really didn't like her and figured, hey, I know where there are some aggressive animals...)
Or maybe the bison just want to be left alone.
It's dumb out there kids, keep your heads down. - JasonL

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 01 Oct 2019, 17:53

"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

JD

Post by JD » 10 Oct 2019, 12:39

The winner of the 2019 Fat Bear Week has been announced! It's Holly, of whom they say “She is fat. She is fabulous. All hail Holly whose healthy heft will help her hibernate until the spring. Long live the Queen of Corpulence!”

I sort of feel like a sucker about aspiring to be intellectually rigorous when I could just go on twitter and say capitalism causes space herpes and no one will challenge me on it. - Hugh Akston

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 10 Oct 2019, 12:44

I LOVE HER
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 10 Oct 2019, 19:48

Ellie wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 12:44
I LOVE HER
I assume you have mixed emotions over the false advertising.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 10 Oct 2019, 22:58

It did take me some emotional work to get past that betrayal, yes.
"2019 has got to stop injecting dmt straight in the dick hole." - dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 11 Oct 2019, 00:07

Our pooch is pushing 15 which is, let me get out the converter table, oh yeah, fuckin' old for a dog. She spends most of her days sleeping peacefully, has a good appetite and is still game to do some slow meandering walks both for toilet purposes and just exercise, but she can barely get up the stairs now and I'm not going to be surprised if someday soon she tries and takes a tumble. Such a nice dog, too, it's a shame. I bitch about getting old because getting old sucks for people, but it must really suck to be an animal who doesn't have a clue what's happening to her. I don't think she's usually in much pain and she gets some meds when she shows signs that she is, because at the very least there's definitely some hip dysplasia going on and it's just painful to witness. She's nowhere near the point where we'd consider putting her down, but she's not long for this world, either, and I find myself wishing she could just have a nice peaceful heart attack in her sleep and be done with it. *sigh*

JD

Post by JD » 11 Oct 2019, 10:15

Sorry to hear it, DAR, but if it helps at all, I've always thought that animals were also pretty stoic. True, they don't have the ability to understand what's happening and take it philosophically in that sense, but they also don't agonize about what things mean, either - they deal with the pain and enjoy the rest of life.

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Oct 2019, 11:23

Not directed at DAR specifically. I feel strongly that part of the responsibility you sign up for when you become a pet owner is putting the animal down when it's time. If the animal is suffering, it's time.
Most pet owners I know drag their feet on this and it upsets me. Not as much as bad parents tho.
It's dumb out there kids, keep your heads down. - JasonL

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 11 Oct 2019, 23:14

Even owls can have a rough night:

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex