Home $weet Home

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
JasonL

Re: Home $weet Home

Post by JasonL » 13 Apr 2019, 16:37

Warren wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:19
JasonL wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:02
Found a house we like quite a bit. Size right. Geothermal already in place. Close location wise. Substantial hunk of change but doable - we’d have to carry two mortgages for a bit because our current place not ready to sell yet. We are sleeping on it but might move. Big money decision.
This is considerably removed from where I thought you were. I thought you were designing your own house and moving was on perpetual standby until assurance of non-hoarding.
On a more 'What's in it for me' note, will the Ligon Bed and Breakfast be open mid May?
That situation may be in flux to be honest. Because of a vacation in June/July we may have to do a bunch of stuff quickly.

As to the other plans, all plans entail tradeoffs and we have really struggled with a particular location / price equilibrium that this house hits - if barely.

PS curveball it's yellow

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 13 Apr 2019, 18:09

So I haven't done mortgage shopping in 10 years or so. Are any of the online tools worth a damn (they weren't 10 years ago)? Any killer app for lending compare or is it still filter to a few and haggle over stated rate vs. fees included APR and points and other nonsense?

nicole

Post by nicole » 13 Apr 2019, 18:26

JasonL wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 18:09
So I haven't done mortgage shopping in 10 years or so. Are any of the online tools worth a damn (they weren't 10 years ago)? Any killer app for lending compare or is it still filter to a few and haggle over stated rate vs. fees included APR and points and other nonsense?
The latter is what I did but I don’t really know anything
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » Yesterday, 02:48

Why yes, I am still making improvements to the front walk.
Path Lights.jpg
Path Lights.jpg (198.74 KiB) Viewed 51 times
We fucked up, so we're going to need more money. - Tuco

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » Yesterday, 03:43

"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » Yesterday, 04:53

I like it.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

tr0g

Post by tr0g » Yesterday, 13:54

Very nice, Warren.
Yeah but how can you tell at a glance which junk a raccoon is packing? Also, gay raccoons? - Hugh Akston
Nothing you can say is as important as the existence of a functioning marketplace of ideas, go set yourself on fire. - JasonL