Home $weet Home

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Pham Nuwen

Re: Home $weet Home

Post by Pham Nuwen » 06 Oct 2018, 19:26

Guys I did look it up and you are correct but I don't think it's an issue. I really don't.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 06 Oct 2018, 22:23

Captain risk management says you gotta consider what a bunch of useless fuckballs / wounded people doing the best they can they are and if they'd try to fuck you like that.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 06 Oct 2018, 22:58

Yeah, hopefully they don't but I would let them know every step of the process that's happening, as far in advance as you possibly can, in writing (you can always play that off like, "Oh, haha, I wrote it all down so I wouldn't tell you any dates wrong! Anyway, here's a copy!") so that if they do decide to dig in and be fucks about it, you still have a reasonable amount of time to serve a Notice to Vacate and all the rest of the procedures required.

Google Esquire informs me that Colorado has "some of the worst protections for renters in the United States" so that may work to your favor as well! I hope so.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 06 Oct 2018, 23:20

It's not an issue because all parties involved have had an adult talk. I was surprised as well. This is my surprised face.

I don't want to get into details. Suffice to say that since we are going to be moving into an apartment they will be doing something similar. There is unhappiness but points have been made and a rare thing called "compromise" occured. That is all. You may all put your pittyforks* away. Put out the tiki torches. No need to march in this neighborhood. For now...

*ha!
Last edited by Pham Nuwen on 06 Oct 2018, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 06 Oct 2018, 23:22

I hope it continues well! We're all recommending caution because, you know, we've read your other posts about your in-laws' behavior. :)

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 06 Oct 2018, 23:35

Ellie wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 23:22
I hope it continues well! We're all recommending caution because, you know, we've read your other posts about your in-laws' behavior. :)
I don't know what you are talking about! There are no issues at Casa de Pham! None! We have a solid 4.1 out of 5 on yelp!

But thank you. It's ... strange dynamics. Suffice to say I don't think what was suggested would EVER be an option they would exercise. But you wouldn't understand without meeting them. Its' a really strange watching the wife and her sisters talk. It's like gilmore girls. But without all that logic and verbage.

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Oct 2018, 00:00

Pham Nuwen wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 23:35
Ellie wrote:
I don't know what you are talking about! There are no issues at Casa de Pham! None! We have a solid 4.1 out of 5 on yelp!

But thank you. It's ... strange dynamics. Suffice to say I don't think what was suggested would EVER be an option they would exercise. But you wouldn't understand without meeting them. Its' a really strange watching the wife and her sisters talk. It's like gilmore girls. But without all that logic and verbage.
I don't like the mind games the show runners are playing. They tease this great season long eviction arc, and then it's all like "ha ha no, we're not going to do that". Where's my entertainment going to come from now?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 07 Oct 2018, 01:01

Warren wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 00:00
Pham Nuwen wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 23:35
Ellie wrote:

I don't like the mind games the show runners are playing. They tease this great season long eviction arc, and then it's all like "ha ha no, we're not going to do that". Where's my entertainment going to come from now?
Head to orange is the new president. Plenty of tds to be smug about.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2018, 11:23

This townhouse is currently for sale near us -- and while the pics aren't bad enough for that Terrible Real Estate Photos tumblr, they are pretty fucking bad. It makes me want to list our home just so I can take better pictures of our place, haha.

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-s ... 07-4999615#/

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Oct 2018, 11:42

Ellie wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 11:23
This townhouse is currently for sale near us -- and while the pics aren't bad enough for that Terrible Real Estate Photos tumblr, they are pretty fucking bad. It makes me want to list our home just so I can take better pictures of our place, haha.

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-s ... 07-4999615#/
I dunno. The outside pics have some garbage in them that shouldn't be there. But the inside looks better than these pics, and isn't that as good as it gets for you?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2018, 11:45

[competitiveness intensifies] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

(although you are probably right, haha)

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Oct 2018, 15:23

The second picture in Ellie's link has a really weird perspective thing going on -- it looks like the rightmost edge of the sofa is not touching the carpet, but hovering an inch or two above it.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2018, 16:16

Ha! It totally does!

(It's because they have a sliding door walkout onto their back patio ... and then put their couch in front of it.)

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Oct 2018, 16:30

It's also not casting a shadow the way the rest of the sofa is. Is there something weird with the lighting, or did they do a bad Photoshop job to the picture, or what?
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2018, 16:36

A lot of the pictures have the sides lit by the camera flash, but are darker in the middle-bottom. Like they had their finger over the edge of the flash bulb or something. If you look at the middle bottom of the photos as you click through, you see the same shadow in every one.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 07 Oct 2018, 16:49

Also -- this might count as nitpicking -- if those people are trying to sell their house, why can't they even be bothered to take the dirty dishes out of the kitchen sink before photographing it? FFS, even if you genuinely lack the time to wash, dry and put the dishes away before snapping the photo -- you can't take the dishes out of the sink just long enough to photograph it, then put them back? And maybe clean the crusted filth off the top of the washing machine?

I agree with Ellie -- those are some bad-realty photos. Not the worst, but bad.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Oct 2018, 17:04

Ellie wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 16:36
A lot of the pictures have the sides lit by the camera flash, but are darker in the middle-bottom. Like they had their finger over the edge of the flash bulb or something. If you look at the middle bottom of the photos as you click through, you see the same shadow in every one.
Yeah it almost looks like a problem in the camera not a real lighting phenomenon. It's weird.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 07 Oct 2018, 17:09

Maybe the house is haunted by a photo-bombing shadow-ghost.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Oct 2018, 17:20

Does anyone know what Inky's been up to these days?

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Oct 2018, 17:24

Who's Inky?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Oct 2018, 17:26

Highway

Post by Highway » 07 Oct 2018, 17:31

They might have gotten a photographer with an outboard light setup, but then kept standing in front of it.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 08 Oct 2018, 19:16

I'm having way too much fun looking at places for sale near me just to judge the hell out of their staged real estate photos.

This one is definitely my favorite so far by a long shot.
badstaging1.jpg
badstaging1.jpg (170.8 KiB) Viewed 247 times

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 Oct 2018, 19:24

I'm digging the hostel vibe but needs more soundproofing and ceiling hooks.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 08 Oct 2018, 19:32

With this lurking in the unlit corner: