Home $weet Home

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Jasper

Re: Home $weet Home

Post by Jasper »

Dammit. Fridge is still being dumb.

Implementing Jason's ToolboxTM for this one. I don't have the patience to deal with it. Seems like a bigger hassle to diagnose and fix than messing around with the clothes dryer when that went on strike.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren »

Knowing where to set the "fuck it" line is the heart of wisdom.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Highway

Post by Highway »

Meanwhile, I've got a fan pointing at the open hatch on the bottom of my dishwasher to make sure it all dries out before I put it back together and reinstall it.

Then I'll hope it was just condensation buildup that caused the small puddle in the bottom. Otherwise I'll be pulling it out again in the future.

Update: Seems like it's fixed, we'll see if same thing happens again soon.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Highway

Post by Highway »

Highway wrote:
08 May 2020, 12:49
Meanwhile, I've got a fan pointing at the open hatch on the bottom of my dishwasher to make sure it all dries out before I put it back together and reinstall it.

Then I'll hope it was just condensation buildup that caused the small puddle in the bottom. Otherwise I'll be pulling it out again in the future.

Yep, same thing happened tonight (the first cycle we've run through). Time to live up to the title of this thread (repair visit first, see how much that'll be).
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Commiserations, Highway.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Highway wrote:
11 May 2020, 22:37
Highway wrote:

Yep, same thing happened tonight (the first cycle we've run through). Time to live up to the title of this thread (repair visit first, see how much that'll be).
I feel you. Can you check forums and Youtube Technical Institute to see if they have any insight? If you can wait for parts orders, you might be able to save both time and exposure to potentially COVIDy repair folks if you can do the stuff like replacing gaskets and possibly leaky pumps DIY.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

Highway

Post by Highway »

lunchstealer wrote:
12 May 2020, 13:34
Highway wrote:
Highway wrote:

I feel you. Can you check forums and Youtube Technical Institute to see if they have any insight? If you can wait for parts orders, you might be able to save both time and exposure to potentially COVIDy repair folks if you can do the stuff like replacing gaskets and possibly leaky pumps DIY.
Well, I took a look around when I had it out, although I had resisted flipping the dishwasher over (because some people had said that was a mistake that would end up dumping the water throughout the entire rest of the unit). Pulled off the side panel and looked at the hose connections on the drain. Everything seemed tight there, and there really wasn't any evidence of a leak that I could find.

What some of the comments I read were saying was that you can get leakage on the screw holes on the side of the tub, so when it sprays around it gets some water in there. The amount of water that was appearing seemed to be kind of on that order (there was probably what I'd call less than 1/2 cup of water throughout the whole thing). But I just don't have enough knowledge about the whole thing to want to tear it all apart.

Warren

Post by Warren »

New kitchen wall art
IMG_2164.jpeg
IMG_2164.jpeg (51.15 KiB) Viewed 77 times
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Highway

Post by Highway »

Highway wrote:
12 May 2020, 14:40
lunchstealer wrote:
12 May 2020, 13:34
Highway wrote:
Highway wrote:

Well, I took a look around when I had it out, although I had resisted flipping the dishwasher over (because some people had said that was a mistake that would end up dumping the water throughout the entire rest of the unit). Pulled off the side panel and looked at the hose connections on the drain. Everything seemed tight there, and there really wasn't any evidence of a leak that I could find.

What some of the comments I read were saying was that you can get leakage on the screw holes on the side of the tub, so when it sprays around it gets some water in there. The amount of water that was appearing seemed to be kind of on that order (there was probably what I'd call less than 1/2 cup of water throughout the whole thing). But I just don't have enough knowledge about the whole thing to want to tear it all apart.
Dishwasher is still out of commission while we wait for replacement parts. Getting the two drain hoses replaced, the one from the pump to the water panel, and then the one from the water panel to the sink. One of them had like 3 pinhole leaks in it and was spraying out water, and I decided that while the guy's at it, he should replace both the hoses, since they're the same material and the same age, and I don't need more leaking. But a very repairable issue, just gotta wait for the parts.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Warren wrote:
01 Jun 2020, 22:54
New kitchen wall art

IMG_2164.jpeg
Nice.

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

Missionary Manchego was their best song tho