Home $weet Home

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Pham Nuwen

Re: Home $weet Home

Post by Pham Nuwen » 11 Jul 2019, 00:45

No. Just loft bunkbeds. I'll try a new listing tomorrow. Like who responds with "call me at such and such time to look/pickup" BUT DOESNT SEND ME THEIR FUCKING NUMBER!!!!

Not once but twice. Emails go unanswered.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 11 Jul 2019, 02:01

Pham Nuwen wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 00:45
No. Just loft bunkbeds. I'll try a new listing tomorrow. Like who responds with "call me at such and such time to look/pickup" BUT DOESNT SEND ME THEIR FUCKING NUMBER!!!!

OIC
I only became aware of this sense of the word "ghosted" about two years ago. I've only heard it applied to personal relationships. I didn't think it could apply to a Craigslist gone bad because the relationship wasn't established enough for it's absence to be "ghostly". I was wondering if you were keeping a string of strange on the side.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 11 Jul 2019, 07:24

Pham Nuwen wrote:

I've had this happen so much on Facebook Marketplace. It's usually with addresses. We'll set the pickup time and then I have to keep pestering and pestering them right up to the last second, or beyond, for the actual location. Like, I AM TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY. WORK WITH ME.
"He's just an idiot elected by idiots." - Pham

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 11 Jul 2019, 09:16

WHY WONT THEY TAKE MY MONEY, ELLIE???

nicole

Post by nicole » 11 Jul 2019, 10:24

What’s a loft bunk bed? I thought there were loft beds, and bunk beds.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 11 Jul 2019, 11:12

nicole wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 10:24
What’s a loft bunk bed? I thought there were loft beds, and bunk beds.
Yeah, ditto.

Unless maybe perpendicular bunk beds are known as loft bunks?
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 11 Jul 2019, 13:30

Ellie wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 07:24
Pham Nuwen wrote:

I've had this happen so much on Facebook Marketplace. It's usually with addresses. We'll set the pickup time and then I have to keep pestering and pestering them right up to the last second, or beyond, for the actual location. Like, I AM TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY. WORK WITH ME.
The weirdest was when someone bought something from mrs lunch including sending payment via paypal and paying for shipping but never sent an address. Kept saying "Oh, let me get that to you next week."
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 11 Jul 2019, 17:31

I honestly don't know the difference on bunk bed naming nomenclature. I've seen loft kids bed, loft beds, and "loft" bunk beds with the bottom bunk perpendicular to the top. I really don't know if they are actually different or what. Sorry peeps. I'm not going any further down the rabbit hole on this one.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 12 Jul 2019, 17:52

I'd always thought "bunk bed" meant two or more beds stacked atop each other, while "loft bed" is one bed raised high enough to fit a desk, sofa or some other useful furnishing underneath.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 12 Jul 2019, 17:55

Jennifer wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 17:52
I'd always thought "bunk bed" meant two or more beds stacked atop each other, while "loft bed" is one bed raised high enough to fit a desk, sofa or some other useful furnishing underneath.
Craigslist be a silly place. *shrug*

nicole

Post by nicole » 12 Jul 2019, 18:22

Jennifer wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 17:52
Yeah
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex