#noshame

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18014
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: #noshame

Post by dbcooper » 02 Dec 2017, 06:31

There’s no way I’m going to a work party if there’s no booze. That’s enforced corporate “fun” time.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: #noshame

Post by Warren » 02 Dec 2017, 14:45

Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:49
I know a lot of people in the corporate world that do that too.
You do? Outside of sales, that sort of thing disappeared over the course of the 80's from what I could see.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 17926
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: #noshame

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Dec 2017, 17:07

Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 14:45
Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:49
I know a lot of people in the corporate world that do that too.
You do? Outside of sales, that sort of thing disappeared over the course of the 80's from what I could see.
Warren, you haven't answered my private message. Was that really you on Facebook earlier?

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: #noshame

Post by Warren » 02 Dec 2017, 20:22

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 17:07
Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 14:45
Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:49
I know a lot of people in the corporate world that do that too.
You do? Outside of sales, that sort of thing disappeared over the course of the 80's from what I could see.
Warren, you haven't answered my private message. Was that really you on Facebook earlier?
I don't have a PM from you either here or on FB. I'm guessing it wasn't me.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 17926
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: #noshame

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Dec 2017, 20:46

Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:22
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 17:07
Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 14:45
Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:49
I know a lot of people in the corporate world that do that too.
You do? Outside of sales, that sort of thing disappeared over the course of the 80's from what I could see.
Warren, you haven't answered my private message. Was that really you on Facebook earlier?
I don't have a PM from you either here or on FB. I'm guessing it wasn't me.
Then you need to know that someone has at least partially hijacked your Facebook account.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: #noshame

Post by Warren » 02 Dec 2017, 20:59

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:46
Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:22
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 17:07
Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 14:45
Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:49
I know a lot of people in the corporate world that do that too.
You do? Outside of sales, that sort of thing disappeared over the course of the 80's from what I could see.
Warren, you haven't answered my private message. Was that really you on Facebook earlier?
I don't have a PM from you either here or on FB. I'm guessing it wasn't me.
Then you need to know that someone has at least partially hijacked your Facebook account.
Hmmm.... It looks like I never logged out at my parents and they were using my account. If the person you were talking to was particularly confused it was likely my mother. But I'm not seeing a PM from you either, which should still be there. Is there another kind of facebook PM besides "messages"?
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 17926
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: #noshame

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Dec 2017, 23:21

Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:59
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:46
Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:22
D.A. Ridgely wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 17:07
Warren wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 14:45
Mo wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 22:49
I know a lot of people in the corporate world that do that too.
You do? Outside of sales, that sort of thing disappeared over the course of the 80's from what I could see.
Warren, you haven't answered my private message. Was that really you on Facebook earlier?
I don't have a PM from you either here or on FB. I'm guessing it wasn't me.
Then you need to know that someone has at least partially hijacked your Facebook account.
Hmmm.... It looks like I never logged out at my parents and they were using my account. If the person you were talking to was particularly confused it was likely my mother. But I'm not seeing a PM from you either, which should still be there. Is there another kind of facebook PM besides "messages"?
No, that may be the answer. As soon as I got suspicious, I erased the message.

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 22637
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: #noshame

Post by JasonL » 03 Dec 2017, 09:12

I got a message invite as well. The second time. I PMed you previously here when it happened last time.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23104
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: #noshame

Post by Mo » 04 Apr 2018, 23:11

I love the American Chopper argument meme.

Image
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 26398
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: #noshame

Post by thoreau » 04 Apr 2018, 23:40

I watched Jesus Christ Superstar on Easter. I liked it. A lot.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13488
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: #noshame

Post by Kolohe » 05 Apr 2018, 11:21

thoreau wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 23:40
I watched Jesus Christ Superstar on Easter. I liked it. A lot.
As I see Hamilton people in other things, even though I've never seen Hamilton, I can see why it was such a big hit.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
D.A. Ridgely
Posts: 17926
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:09
Location: The Other Side

Re: #noshame

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 05 Apr 2018, 23:10

Can a revival of Hair be far behind?

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13488
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: #noshame

Post by Kolohe » 06 Apr 2018, 10:08

it would probably cross the line for Dan Schneider to redo it now.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11536
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: #noshame

Post by Ellie » 06 Apr 2018, 10:47

Proposed: a revival of Hair in which the victimized protagonists are Trump voters, beset by trade deficits, illegal immigrants voting, and the mainstream media. We'll call it Comb-Over.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: #noshame

Post by Warren » 06 Apr 2018, 11:24

As far as I'm concerned, any attempt to reset Hair outside the Age of Aquarius is doomed.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
JD
Posts: 10406
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: #noshame

Post by JD » 06 Apr 2018, 12:24

Warren wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 11:24
As far as I'm concerned, any attempt to reset Hair outside the Age of Aquarius is doomed.
Technically, we're still in the Age of Aquarius, and will be for a couple thousand more years. Either that, or it hasn't actually started yet, what with astrology being such a precise science and all.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23104
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: #noshame

Post by Mo » 06 Apr 2018, 13:17

JD wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 12:24
Warren wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 11:24
As far as I'm concerned, any attempt to reset Hair outside the Age of Aquarius is doomed.
Technically, we're still in the Age of Aquarius, and will be for a couple thousand more years. Either that, or it hasn't actually started yet, what with astrology being such a precise science and all.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
From the Age of Aquarius Wiki re: the song:
Astrologer Neil Spencer denounced the lyrics as "astrological gibberish", noting that Jupiter aligns with Mars several times a year and the moon is in the 7th House for two hours every day.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11536
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: #noshame

Post by Ellie » 20 May 2018, 22:22

I'm spending the evening chugging Franzia box white wine, eating a huge bag of Cheeto Puffs, and watching Kong: Skull Island.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Rachel
Posts: 2614
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 19:50

Re: #noshame

Post by Rachel » 21 May 2018, 19:56

Ellie wrote:
20 May 2018, 22:22
I'm spending the evening chugging Franzia box white wine, eating a huge bag of Cheeto Puffs, and watching Kong: Skull Island.
I'm eating Tate's double chocolate chip cookies (the ONLY double chocolate chip cookies I will eat, because they are thin, and crispy, and kind of not-cookie like), some popcorn, and binging on Teen Mom 2. Ellie, remember when I visited you, and made you watch HOURS of Teen Mom? Like, hello, thank you for your hospitality, LET'S WATCH TERRIBLE TV!
No lie I'm fucking tired of glorified false histories-JasonL

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11536
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: #noshame

Post by Ellie » 21 May 2018, 21:03

Yes! Every time I see anything about Teen Mom I think of that wonderful visit. <3
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Jennifer
Posts: 22798
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Re: #noshame

Post by Jennifer » 21 May 2018, 22:06

Thanks to various secondhand bookshops in Nashville and Chattanooga, I acquired fourteen new-to-me Star Trek novels this weekend.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11536
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: #noshame

Post by Ellie » 10 Sep 2018, 13:30

I fucking love watching This Old House to simultaneously ogle at the skill of the craftsman (and feel oddly soothed by watching them work) while simultaneously mocking the hell out of virtually every homeowner and their horrible tastes and tacky interior designers.

Edited to add: also, I've totally drunk the Not-So-Big-House Kool-aid, so every time they create a "great room" with a vaulted ceiling I warn in a sing-song, "You're gonna haaaaaate living in it ... " :twisted:
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 2889
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 07:56
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: #noshame

Post by Jasper » 10 Sep 2018, 15:41

Ellie wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 13:30
I fucking love watching This Old House to simultaneously ogle at the skill of the craftsman (and feel oddly soothed by watching them work) while simultaneously mocking the hell out of virtually every homeowner and their horrible tastes and tacky interior designers.

Edited to add: also, I've totally drunk the Not-So-Big-House Kool-aid, so every time they create a "great room" with a vaulted ceiling I warn in a sing-song, "You're gonna haaaaaate living in it ... " :twisted:
If you find woodworking craftsmanship soothing, you-tube up any wooden canoe or kayak building video.

I started watching this guy a few weeks ago. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... bnqlb6aanP

It's dangerous, becasue I start thinking, "Hey, I could do that."
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24610
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: #noshame

Post by Warren » 10 Sep 2018, 17:18

Ellie wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 13:30
I fucking love watching This Old House to simultaneously ogle at the skill of the craftsman (and feel oddly soothed by watching them work) while simultaneously mocking the hell out of virtually every homeowner and their horrible tastes and tacky interior designers.

Edited to add: also, I've totally drunk the Not-So-Big-House Kool-aid, so every time they create a "great room" with a vaulted ceiling I warn in a sing-song, "You're gonna haaaaaate living in it ... " :twisted:
Why should they hate living in it? I use to pine (npi) for high ceilings, but that's because I wanted to juggle indoors.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 22637
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: #noshame

Post by JasonL » 10 Sep 2018, 17:28

Thermodynamics suck

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests