#noshame

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
Ayn_Randian

#noshame

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jan 2013, 09:55

For a public declaration, loud and proud, of all your guilty pleasures. You know it's trashy, or an indulgence, or unbecoming Schadenfreude, but dammit, you just can't help yourself.

Mine? I like Coldplay. #noshame
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

lunchstealer

Re: #noshame

Post by lunchstealer » 15 Jan 2013, 12:32

Coldplay has a couple of songs that are acceptable. They tend to be the ones that are a little less piano-ballady.

I enjoy Ben Folds and Jimmy Buffet.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jan 2013, 12:34

lunchstealer wrote:Coldplay has a couple of songs that are acceptable. They tend to be the ones that are a little less piano-ballady.

I enjoy Ben Folds and Jimmy Buffet.
Now we're talking.

Even though I recognize that the writing is hit or miss and the performances are B-movie level, I love Law & Order. #noshame
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Jan 2013, 12:56

I think Pink makes decent pop songs.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Jan 2013, 12:57

I like KFC. Fried chicken in all forms and in all places, really.

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly » 15 Jan 2013, 13:01

I like the song "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback.

I don't understand how Olive Garden came to epitomize the worst of all sit-down chain restaurants. Aside from one chicken dish that disappointed me, I've had pretty decent food there.
"I don't know if you can call it a stereotype when I was in a room full of people actually doing it." -- Keith S.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 15 Jan 2013, 13:02

Stevo Darkly wrote:I like the song "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback.
+1

I also like Lady Gaga. And while I don't like much Coldplay, I like The Scientist.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Highway

Post by Highway » 15 Jan 2013, 13:02

I don't understand how Olive Garden came to epitomize the worst of all sit-down chain restaurants. Aside from one chicken dish that disappointed me, I've had pretty decent food there.
I like going to Olive Garden for lunch. Two soups, two bowls of salad, and two breadsticks for about 1000 calories and $6.95 is almost unbeatable, and it fits in our 45 minute lunch.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly » 15 Jan 2013, 13:05

Guys, I never imagined I would receive this immediate acceptance and support.

I'm crying now.
"I don't know if you can call it a stereotype when I was in a room full of people actually doing it." -- Keith S.

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jan 2013, 13:11

Highway wrote:

I like going to Olive Garden for lunch. Two soups, two bowls of salad, and two breadsticks for about 1000 calories and $6.95 is almost unbeatable, and it fits in our 45 minute lunch.
My expensive-tastes-having wife loves Olive Garden. I'm not a big fan, but yeah, the soup/salad/breadstick thing is decent, and so is that Three Meat with Merlot tomato sauce.

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jan 2013, 13:12

JasonL wrote:I think Pink makes decent pop songs.
JasonL wrote:I like KFC. Fried chicken in all forms and in all places, really.
+1 to both.

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 15 Jan 2013, 13:24

I'm not an OG guy. It's a price point thing for non lunch OG. I think it is priced similarly to say Macaroni Grill and Carrabas and either of those make more sense for the price to me.

JD

Post by JD » 15 Jan 2013, 13:32

I have a crush on Progressive Flo.

I don't eat at Olive Garden, but I don't really get the hate, either - the very few times I have eaten there, it struck me as purely middle-of-the-road, not really hateworthy.
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

Highway

Post by Highway » 15 Jan 2013, 13:33

Yeah, non-lunch, it definitely misses the price point that the food would seem to demand.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Mo

Post by Mo » 15 Jan 2013, 13:34

I really like Taco Bell and the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster are the bomb.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 15 Jan 2013, 13:37

JD wrote:I have a crush on Progressive Flo.
There's no shame in that. She's hot like lava.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Highway

Post by Highway » 15 Jan 2013, 13:41

I absolutely adore romance animes, and the quicker the couple gets together, the better.

I could do without just about all the mecha and fighting anime. Except for boob ninjas [nsfw probably]. And yes, Katsu's 'ninja transformation' is pretty much "unbuttoning her shirt".

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jan 2013, 13:41

Mo wrote:I really like Taco Bell and the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster are the bomb.
Have you tried the new appetizer wraps there? Wow are those good. I liked the potato one the best.

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly » 15 Jan 2013, 13:48

Ayn_Randian wrote:
Mo wrote:I really like Taco Bell and the cheese biscuits at Red Lobster are the bomb.
Have you tried the new appetizer wraps there? Wow are those good. I liked the potato one the best.
At Taco Bell or at Red Lobster?

I find Taco Bell a nice change of pace once in a while. I am a fan of those Loco Dorito cheesy taco-shell tacos.

But I really love the tacos at Jack in the Box. In all their deep-fried glory. (In moderation. Like maybe four times a year.)

The cheese biscuits at Red Lobster are pretty good, but I honestly think Red Lobster's garden salad with bleu cheese dressing is the best garden salad with bleu cheese dressing of any that I have tried at any restaurant.

dhex

Post by dhex » 15 Jan 2013, 13:51

i have no guilty pleasures.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 15 Jan 2013, 13:51

Popeyes is way better, though. (New Orleans pride!). Also, they do 2 pieces of chicken for 99 cents on Tuesdays, so I go and pick up like five meals worth.

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly » 15 Jan 2013, 13:53

I potentially like fried chicken a lot, but hate it if it's too greasy. I tend to prefer the dark meat pieces, because those are less likely to be greasy, and the breast maybe just a little on the dry side.

I like the cold fried chicken pieces that are available in various combinations/assemblies from my local supermarket.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 15 Jan 2013, 13:54

Fried chicken lovers: do you also eat it cold?
I should have listened to Warren. He was right again as usual.

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 15 Jan 2013, 13:56

Ellie wrote:Fried chicken lovers: do you also eat it cold?
Cold chicken, either fried or rotisserie, is the Market.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 15 Jan 2013, 14:01

Stevo Darkly wrote:
Ayn_Randian wrote:
At Taco Bell or at Red Lobster?
Taco Bell! They're 99 cents right now and I had four of them the other day (1 buffalo chicken one, 2 potato ones, 1 nacho one). They're called "Loaded Grillers" and they are pretty tasty.