The Lust to Acquire

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
lunchstealer

Re: The Lust to Acquire

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Feb 2019, 15:45

Warren wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 12:59
JasonL wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 07:07
The Steelcase Leap is a pretty good chair.
*amazons*
Goddam. My back is going out and my chair is the biggest culprit. Isn't there a decent chair for under $300?
Googs beats amazons.

https://www.madisonseating.com/leap-cha ... 8cQAvD_BwE
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 07 Feb 2019, 16:18

lunchstealer wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 15:43
Highway wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 14:10
My wife has a Steelcase Leap. I prefer the CXO, myself. Balance ball is probably a good option, but you are definitely limited for other uses (like reclining while watching TV or videos at the computer).
Are you supposed to have some sort of retainer device, or is the point that it can roll around so you have to keep your core more engaged? I did balance ball unrestrained for a couple months until the inevitable rollback catastrophe. I felt I was risking my coccyx and didn't have a handy retention device so I just went back to my shitty Oafy Smacks mid-90s desk chair that does... okay for something non-ergonomic. It encourages acceptable posture just because it's not really comfortable any other way.
There are chairs that have a balance ball instead of a seat, like so.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

nicole

Post by nicole » 07 Feb 2019, 16:23

Eric the .5b wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 16:18
lunchstealer wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 15:43
Highway wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 14:10
My wife has a Steelcase Leap. I prefer the CXO, myself. Balance ball is probably a good option, but you are definitely limited for other uses (like reclining while watching TV or videos at the computer).
Are you supposed to have some sort of retainer device, or is the point that it can roll around so you have to keep your core more engaged? I did balance ball unrestrained for a couple months until the inevitable rollback catastrophe. I felt I was risking my coccyx and didn't have a handy retention device so I just went back to my shitty Oafy Smacks mid-90s desk chair that does... okay for something non-ergonomic. It encourages acceptable posture just because it's not really comfortable any other way.
There are chairs that have a balance ball instead of a seat, like so.
Yeah, it's kind of surprising considering my general clumsiness that I haven't killed myself with just the balance ball, but I haven't. But the chair version seems cool.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 07 Feb 2019, 19:54

lunchstealer wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 15:45
Googs beats amazons.
And how. Thanks
We fucked up, so we're going to need more money. - Tuco

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 Feb 2019, 09:29

i have a mesh seat clone of the steelcase leap that i bought from office depot like...a decade ago? it was 200 iirc.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 08 Feb 2019, 09:58

I thought I would like mesh more than I do. Probably the aeron and such solve this, but I found squishiness to be a negative tradeoff for air flow at the margins offered in the $300 price range.

Highway

Post by Highway » 08 Feb 2019, 10:49

I have preferred mesh for years. I think it's much more consistently supportive and "there".
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 08 Feb 2019, 23:24

Chair arrived today. Obviously very well constructed and solid but so far the experience of sitting in it is a bit short of orgasmic. Oddly enough, there isn't a great deal of adjustment possible in terms of tilt and tension and I don't have the lumbar thing set right yet. Early days, but my initial impression now that it's here and not in a showroom is that maybe I should have gone for a model with a taller back. Bad for working; good for naps.