Light laffs

Music, books, movies, TV, games, hobbies, food, and potent potables. And forum games! Pour a drink, put on your smoking jacket, light a pipe (of whatever), and settle in.
User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18015
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Light laffs

Post by dbcooper » 09 Aug 2018, 09:52

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3716
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Light laffs

Post by Painboy » 09 Aug 2018, 13:15

dbcooper wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 09:52
Love it. It almost writes itself.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24637
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Light laffs

Post by Warren » 12 Aug 2018, 11:08

Especially for Ellie
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 16091
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Light laffs

Post by lunchstealer » 14 Aug 2018, 15:02

LinguisticPrescriptivismAndCaveArt.png
LinguisticPrescriptivismAndCaveArt.png (336.54 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11538
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Light laffs

Post by Ellie » 15 Aug 2018, 11:06

point break.jpg
point break.jpg (117.05 KiB) Viewed 986 times
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 12432
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Light laffs

Post by Eric the .5b » 15 Aug 2018, 19:44

Hrm, I see at least three mistakes. I'd have to rewatch The Fast and the Furious to know if there are four; too much effort.

(For one, the FBI agent in TFATF doesn't get his cover fully blown until after the botched last job,, which he wasn't actually involved in. He just shows up after everything's gone pear-shaped and tries to keep the wounded guy alive, revealing he's an FBI agent when he makes a call for an ambulance.)
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23108
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Light laffs

Post by Mo » 16 Aug 2018, 09:30

Eric the .5b wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 19:44
Hrm, I see at least three mistakes. I'd have to rewatch The Fast and the Furious to know if there are four; too much effort.

(For one, the FBI agent in TFATF doesn't get his cover fully blown until after the botched last job,, which he wasn't actually involved in. He just shows up after everything's gone pear-shaped and tries to keep the wounded guy alive, revealing he's an FBI agent when he makes a call for an ambulance.)
Also, he wasn't a an FBI agent in TFATF
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 12432
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Light laffs

Post by Eric the .5b » 16 Aug 2018, 15:56

Mo wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 09:30
Eric the .5b wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 19:44
Hrm, I see at least three mistakes. I'd have to rewatch The Fast and the Furious to know if there are four; too much effort.

(For one, the FBI agent in TFATF doesn't get his cover fully blown until after the botched last job,, which he wasn't actually involved in. He just shows up after everything's gone pear-shaped and tries to keep the wounded guy alive, revealing he's an FBI agent when he makes a call for an ambulance.)
Also, he wasn't a an FBI agent in TFATF
That's right! He was sympathetic, so it was hard to remember he was LAPD.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11538
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Light laffs

Post by Ellie » 17 Aug 2018, 08:55

From a "best of Scottish Twitter" listicle:

@shalaylaa
I’ve had “before” photos for my weight change on my phone for so long that I’ve had to take more up to date yins cause I’ve put on weight
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18015
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Light laffs

Post by dbcooper » 23 Aug 2018, 12:51

I had a drink tonight with an Itallian woman who was a lecturer at RISD. Showed her an MDE clip. "Oh, I saw him, a funny guy!"
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24637
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Light laffs

Post by Warren » 23 Aug 2018, 13:29

dbcooper wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 12:51
I had a drink tonight with an Itallian woman who was a lecturer at RISD. Showed her an MDE clip. "Oh, I saw him, a funny guy!"
RISD?
MDE?
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14620
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Light laffs

Post by Aresen » 23 Aug 2018, 20:26

Image
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13495
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Light laffs

Post by Kolohe » 24 Aug 2018, 07:42

I don't know if that's Science, but it is Truth.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14620
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Light laffs

Post by Aresen » 24 Aug 2018, 21:52

Image
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24637
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Light laffs

Post by Warren » 25 Aug 2018, 09:45

That's funny
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

User avatar
JD
Posts: 10406
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Light laffs

Post by JD » 25 Aug 2018, 16:31

Oh, that one's getting forwarded to the desktop support team at work...
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15456
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Light laffs

Post by dhex » 25 Aug 2018, 18:55

I don't get the joke windows ten is pretty decent.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 16091
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Light laffs

Post by lunchstealer » 25 Aug 2018, 19:01

dhex wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 18:55
I don't get the joke windows ten is pretty decent.
Yeah I only have two problems - one that the window borders aren't differentiated well enough so it's far easier to click the wrong window than it was in Win7 or XP. More importantly, starting with Windows 8 it will no longer just tell you you need to do updates, but will do your update-and-restart whether you want it to or not. This has lost me HOURS of work.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Highway
Posts: 12976
Joined: 12 May 2011, 00:22
Location: the Electric Ocean

Re: Light laffs

Post by Highway » 25 Aug 2018, 19:54

lunchstealer wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 19:01
dhex wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 18:55
I don't get the joke windows ten is pretty decent.
Yeah I only have two problems - one that the window borders aren't differentiated well enough so it's far easier to click the wrong window than it was in Win7 or XP. More importantly, starting with Windows 8 it will no longer just tell you you need to do updates, but will do your update-and-restart whether you want it to or not. This has lost me HOURS of work.
People keep saying this, but I've been using Windows 10 for almost 2 years, and have never had it do this. It's not like that's the first time you should be hearing of an update. And when you ask the people that this happens to if they've let it do updates when it asked, it's always "No, I say do it later." Let it do the update soon after it first shows up, and this never happens.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18015
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Light laffs

Post by dbcooper » 26 Aug 2018, 04:20

Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Painboy
Posts: 3716
Joined: 18 Feb 2013, 11:33
Location: Seattle

Re: Light laffs

Post by Painboy » 26 Aug 2018, 17:44

dbcooper wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 04:20
nod.gif
nod.gif (169.34 KiB) Viewed 779 times

User avatar
Eric the .5b
Posts: 12432
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 16:29

Re: Light laffs

Post by Eric the .5b » 31 Aug 2018, 18:35

Image
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23108
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Light laffs

Post by Mo » 06 Sep 2018, 08:32

Image
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 16091
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Light laffs

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Sep 2018, 21:25

LebowskiNihilistsSacrificeToe.jpg
LebowskiNihilistsSacrificeToe.jpg (27.85 KiB) Viewed 697 times
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Andrew
Posts: 6215
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 21:52
Location: Vale of Eternal Fire

Re: Light laffs

Post by Andrew » 09 Sep 2018, 00:23

The memes flooding forth using the "believe in something" ad language have really been making my week. My favorites so far have been the plane heading towards the twin towers, the Killdozer, and the Heaven's Gate aftermath.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests