How's the weather? v. 1.1

J sub D

How's the weather? v. 1.1

Post by J sub D » 24 May 2010, 08:51

Summer has arrived.
EDIT: Oh, and the civil rights and basic human dignity thing too. - JasonL

My guess is this is the love child of some Objectivists what got excommunicated. - Warren

JasonL

Re: How's the weather? v. 1.1

Post by JasonL » 24 May 2010, 16:52

Mid 80's and 10,000% humidity.

Warren

Post by Warren » 24 May 2010, 16:54

Weather in Goat Rope
1) Cold and rainy
2) Hot and muggy

Pick One
Women with strollers are legitimately the worst people, and should, like motorcyclists, not be considered people for liability and criminal purposes. - lunchstealer

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 25 May 2010, 11:49

Sunny, windy, highs in the low-to-mid-70s. Humidity in the teens-to-20s.

Pike's Peak visible from the bus, Indian Peaks, visible from the office (admittedly, only if I go over into my boss's office but the door between our offices is only ever closed when one of us is on a call, and anyway I'm the only one here so far this morning).
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Isaac Bartram

Post by Isaac Bartram » 25 May 2010, 23:52

There's tropical circulation out in the Atlantic, luckily it is far enough north to not pose a threat to the Gulf of Mexico (bad luck for the Carolinas, New Jersey, Lawn Gynland, or New England otherwise). However, we did get some rain here in Greater Taintsville as a consequence. It lowered the temperature somewhat so I was able to have a nice comfortable evening to have dinner outside. I grilled a very nice piece of Alaskan cod and drank a nice bottle of 'strylyun plonk (Penfold's Koonunga Hill 2008 Chardonay, in case youse are interested).

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 26 May 2010, 11:20

Monday - 85 SUN SUN SUN!
Tuesday -90 SUN SUN SUN!
Today - 90 SUN SUN SUN!

I yearn for a mild day. The heat, my blood is too thick for it. I can never explain myself properly....
"It's a proven fact that spicy mustard is good for your health no matter what your medical condition, which is why the feds are suing Guildens for a backdoor into their condiment technology." - TIO

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 01 Jun 2010, 04:42

The rainy season seems to be over and the miday sun is making things very warm - and even warmer large mess tents with inadequate ac or even ventilation for that matter
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 01 Jun 2010, 04:51

May 27th was the first 100-degree day here, but it cooled down to the 80s by May 29th. Since then, it's been floating around 97-100. Now the word is it will start cranking up and hit 110 by Saturday.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 25 Jun 2010, 11:59

Kuwait in June is little different than Kuwait in July, a blast furnance about 4 degress cooler than the surface of the sun.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 25 Jun 2010, 16:40

High 80s to Low 90s. Moderate humidity. All in all, typical Mediterranean weather.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

J sub D

Post by J sub D » 25 Jun 2010, 17:06

It is gorgeous in SE Michigan. High around 85, sunny anf low humidity. It is perfect weather for reading a book under a tree.

My guess is this is the love child of some Objectivists what got excommunicated. - Warren

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 25 Jun 2010, 21:07

Kolohe wrote:Kuwait in June is little different than Kuwait in July, a blast furnance about 4 degress cooler than the surface of the sun.
You've found one of the few spots hotter than Phoenix. It was only 110 today here.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 26 Jun 2010, 04:01

It's been around 90 and intensely humid around the clock in the bottom of the continental 48, with tropical waves dropping heavy yet short rains at random. I yearn for a big ol' hurricane.

I take my peninsula shaken, not stirred...
"who will quietly mumble for the introverts?" - dhex

"If it's a legitimate dictatorship the body politic has ways of shutting the whole thing down." - thoreau

J sub D

Post by J sub D » 01 Jul 2010, 14:37

It is perfectly gorgeous weather in SE Michigan. At this moment -
Sunny
75° F
Humidity 30%
Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

fyodor

Post by fyodor » 01 Jul 2010, 15:13

On the Colorado plains, the weather is almost exactly the same almost every day from late June through early September. Hot and sunny with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

Then the rest of the year almost anything can happen. It can snow in September or May and be in the 60's or even 70's in January or February. And it can change from one extreme to the other in a day.

This is my first visit to this thread and it's nice to see lunchstealer enjoying his new environs!! I don't get to see much of the high peaks from my office, but I have a permanent nice view of the foothills, including a near view of Table Mountain in Golden and a further view of the Flatirons up by Boulder. (I do see what I think is the Mummy Range a long ways away....)
Your optimism just confuses and enrages me. - Timothy

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Jul 2010, 16:20

J sub D wrote:It is perfectly gorgeous weather in SE Michigan. At this moment -
Sunny
75° F
Humidity 30%
Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
We have this going on, too. Second day in a row. I refused to go inside last night. Patio, grylled meats, bottle o' wine. Tunes. Lanscaping in bloom. Birds. Sunset. Light a bug candle. Continue until well drunk and dozing.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 07 Jul 2010, 03:25

fyodor wrote:On the Colorado plains, the weather is almost exactly the same almost every day from late June through early September. Hot and sunny with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

Then the rest of the year almost anything can happen. It can snow in September or May and be in the 60's or even 70's in January or February. And it can change from one extreme to the other in a day.

This is my first visit to this thread and it's nice to see lunchstealer enjoying his new environs!! I don't get to see much of the high peaks from my office, but I have a permanent nice view of the foothills, including a near view of Table Mountain in Golden and a further view of the Flatirons up by Boulder. (I do see what I think is the Mummy Range a long ways away....)
:) It was great finally getting to meet the Lovely Fyodor, and the Dashing Babushka yesterday!

And the high tomorrow is going to be in the 60s. Our AC has been off for days.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"Repeated headdesk is dangerous yo." - JasonL

Solitudinarian

Post by Solitudinarian » 07 Jul 2010, 05:11

Hot. Dry. Dusty. Deadly.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

dhex

Post by dhex » 07 Jul 2010, 09:17

summer is fucking stupid.
"If they make a movie about Bothans pre-ROTJ that is basically a rip off of the Taking of Pelham 123, I would start masturbating in the theater." fffffffunnnngh

J sub D

Post by J sub D » 07 Jul 2010, 10:13

dhex wrote:summer is fucking stupid.
Oppresive might be a better adjective.

dhex

Post by dhex » 07 Jul 2010, 10:31

"If they make a movie about Bothans pre-ROTJ that is basically a rip off of the Taking of Pelham 123, I would start masturbating in the theater." fffffffunnnngh

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 07 Jul 2010, 12:48

Low 80s (!) because of the thunderstorms.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Isaac Bartram

Post by Isaac Bartram » 08 Jul 2010, 20:43

My daughter reported to me last night that at 1950 EDT it was 30C in North Bay, Ontario (that's, like, in the high eighties in American dollars).

At the same time, here in the balmy outer western suburbs of Greater Taintsville, Florida it was about 28C (about 82 in real degrees). On top of that the humidity index raised the apparent temperature by 4 or 5 degrees C - 2 to 3F - while here the increase was about 2C - about 1F).

Dogs and cats living together, ducks and geese in holy matrimony. Where will it go from here?

Actually, back in the last century when I was Project Engineer on the Long Key Bridge in the Fabulous Florida Keys, the Batch Plant foreman got a call in the late spring from his parents in Ucross, Wyoming with the day's high temperature. It was two degrees above the local high in Marathon.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 09 Jul 2010, 00:10

Well, it officially hit 33° C = 91° F, although spot temperatures hit 39° C, which is over 100° F.

Realize that is nothing for some of you south dwellers, but it is a burner here.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Most people don't realize Stephen King downplayed the horror that is Maine. - Jennifer

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 09 Jul 2010, 06:39

Aresen wrote:Well, it officially hit 33° C = 91° F, although spot temperatures hit 39° C, which is over 100° F.

Realize that is nothing for some of you south dwellers, but it is a burner here.
At least El Nino brings a dry heat, right?
Slip inside a sleeping bag.