Iran (so far away)

Aresen

Re: Iran (so far away)

Post by Aresen » 02 Jan 2018, 14:43

Fairly, EVERY head of government faces the dilemma of what to say about and to people seeking democratic/liberal reform in an oppressive state:

On the one hand, you want to let those seeking change that you support their desires. On the other hand, you don't want to taint their movement with the 'foreign stooge' tag that the oppressive government will throw at them. The latter is particularly a problem for US leaders because the US is the favorite scapegoat for all of the world's ills.

Ultimately, I think it has to come down to the notion that you don't mess in other countries' internal politics.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jan 2018, 15:01

Aresen wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 14:43
Ultimately, I think it has to come down to the notion that you don't mess in other countries' internal politics.
If there's anyone on earth who has no problem with governments meddling in other countries' internal politics, it's Donaldik Fredovich Trump.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Jan 2018, 15:09

thoreau wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 15:01
Aresen wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 14:43
If there's anyone on earth who has no problem with governments meddling in other countries' internal politics, it's Donaldik Fredovich Trump.
That occurred to me as I wrote. It applies to both Trump and his FSB controls.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Mo

Post by Mo » 30 Apr 2018, 22:14

So the big news is that Iran had plans for a nuclear weapons program in ... checks calendar ... 2003. This is somehow news in 2018?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 May 2018, 00:48

Mo wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 22:14
So the big news is that Iran had plans for a nuclear weapons program in ... checks calendar ... 2003. This is somehow news in 2018?
At this point, they're probably thinking "Saddam, Gadaffi. Why the fuck didn't we build them?"

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 30 Jul 2018, 23:30

I have seen this movie before.

Trump says ready to meet Iran's Rouhani

As Trump arrives, he will announce his intention to withdraw all US forces to the Western Hemisphere.

Iran's vague promises to end their nuclear program will be a 'totally better deal' than Obama's. :roll:

Mo

Post by Mo » 31 Jul 2018, 09:34

Aresen wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 23:30

As Trump arrives, he will announce his intention to withdraw all US forces to the Western Hemisphere.

Iran's vague promises to end their nuclear program will be a 'totally better deal' than Obama's. :roll:
Trump will take credit for preventing war with Iran.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Highway

Post by Highway » 31 Jul 2018, 10:06

Mo wrote:
Aresen wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 23:30

Trump will take credit for preventing war with Iran.
Trump is the American epitome of "matchpump".
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 06 Aug 2018, 14:29

So Trump is going to follow through on his idiotic promise to punish the Iranian people for whatever.

But he did add this:
Trump announced Monday, however, that he is open to negotiating a new deal. In his statement, Trump noted that “As we continue applying maximum economic pressure on the Iranian regime, I remain open to reaching a more comprehensive deal that addresses the full range of the regime’s malign activities, including its ballistic missile program and its support for terrorism.
The most obvious question being why would anyone believe that a deal with the Trump administration is worth the paper it's printed on?
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Highway

Post by Highway » 06 Aug 2018, 14:36

Hah, like Trump's agreements are ever on paper. They're usually just handshakes, and they seem to work out great for everyone who isn't Trump so far. Ask Kim Jong Un how that "denuclearization" is going.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."