Occupy This

Jennifer

Re: Occupy This

Post by Jennifer » 15 May 2019, 16:48

The US government is spending a half-million dollars per day on one single concentration camp (in Homestead, Florida). But I presume this is the "good" kind of fiscal irresponsibility (as opposed to the bad kind that, like, is intended to help some poor person somewhere)?

Or perhaps the good/bad dichotomy is "fiscal irresponsibility from right-wingers is good; fiscal irresponsibility from left-wingers is bad"? Hard to keep 'em all straight.
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 16 May 2019, 04:43

That’s a lot of words to say ‘fuck you fags.’
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 16 May 2019, 14:24

lunchstealer wrote:
16 May 2019, 04:43
Huh? I'm pretty sure those camps are built and staffed by anti-migrant bigots, not anti-gay ones. (Not that there isn't likely to be some overlap.)
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 16 May 2019, 18:44

Jennifer wrote:
16 May 2019, 14:24
lunchstealer wrote:
Huh? I'm pretty sure those camps are built and staffed by anti-migrant bigots, not anti-gay ones. (Not that there isn't likely to be some overlap.)
in this case the other-f-bomb they're dropping is a catch-all reference to all libtards, nerds, democ-RATS, snowflakes, the lying fake news media, and generally all the poindexters who think we shouldn't spend money we don't have invading countries that don't threaten us or caging children who did nothing wrong except exist on the wrong side of a line, or generally think we should do anything but run around the world waving our dicks in peoples' faces and telling them to fuck you we're America.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 16 May 2019, 21:50

lunchstealer wrote:
16 May 2019, 18:44
Jennifer wrote:
16 May 2019, 14:24
lunchstealer wrote:
in this case the other-f-bomb they're dropping is a catch-all reference to all libtards, nerds, democ-RATS, snowflakes, the lying fake news media, and generally all the poindexters who think we shouldn't spend money we don't have invading countries that don't threaten us or caging children who did nothing wrong except exist on the wrong side of a line, or generally think we should do anything but run around the world waving our dicks in peoples' faces and telling them to fuck you we're America.
After the military interventions, the thing the US does that most pisses me of is how the US Government uses its clout in the global markets to force other countries to follow US sanctions. The USA can put all the sanctions it wants against Iran or Cuba or Venezuela for its own citizens, but it has no business telling other OECD countries they can't deal with those countries. It is bad enough when they threaten third parties with being sanctioned themselves, but using US control of the international payments system is really beyond the pale. If TATA in India wants to deal with National Iranian Oil Company, the US has no fucking right to threaten TATA executives with prosecution in US courts or shut down TATA's access to the payments system.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex