News that could have been in the Onion

Andrew

Re: News that could have been in the Onion

Post by Andrew » 02 Jan 2017, 21:36

Mo wrote:What kind of Trump's America do we live in if a 37 year old man can't date a 16 year old?
She was mainly upset because she already has 2 kids. This is Spokane, after all.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jan 2017, 21:47

"I merely took a chance with my heart. I’m tired of hearing the word ‘creep’ as any black person or gay person is tired of hearing certain words. I have a whole webpage dedicated to age gap love.”
Oh, this guy sounds like a prize!

She's probably too close to his age, but I'd love to see someone try to fix him up with Rachel Dolezal. They're both in Spokane.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2017, 21:55

That dude sounds as crazy as a shithouse rat. One of my FB friends posted links to his blog; dude argues that dating someone within 15 years of your own age is hardly different from committing incest with your own sibling. He also advocates raising the male age of consent to 35, and requiring a minimum 11-year age gap between all couples. Something about older men's superior telemeres.

Crazy dude's blog:

EDIT: Actually someone else's blog, about the crazy dude:

http://feelthewerner .tumblr.com/page/2
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Jan 2017, 21:58

That's not his blog, just someone on tumblr making fun of his tweets.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2017, 22:07

Yeah, I edited my last post. His actual blog is here. It really does sound like the guy has an unmedicated disorder. He keeps going on about telemeres and telomerase and how the reason mental illness is so common today is because too many men started becoming fathers before age 35:

http://conversationrage .weebly.com/
"Myself, despite what they say about libertarians, I think we're actually allowed to pursue options beyond futility or sucking the dicks of the powerful." -- Eric the .5b

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2017, 22:10

Hard to imagine why such a Nice Guy should go five years without a date.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 02 Jan 2017, 22:34

Wat.

Where is that first sentence in the macro even going?
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 02 Jan 2017, 22:40

I believe he's saying that his penis is the Fountain of Youth.

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 02 Jan 2017, 23:07

Eric the .5b wrote:Wat.

Where is that first sentence in the macro even going?
Scrolling back on his Facebook page, he mainly focuses on how age discrimination (meaning, dating someone your own age) is as bad as racism and any other bigotry, and also as harmful to genetics as incest. Due to various hormonal factors, plus telemeres and telomerase, limiting sex acts to women under 26 plus men over 37 will result in optimum-DNA babies with long telemeres, and also will make the adults live longer and reduce the levels of mental illness in the population, because most insanity is caused by spending too much time with people your own age, which results in telomerase overdose.

He's got a lot of those weird meme-crazyfacts posted, over photos of food. Because -- he said in one of the comments -- those photos show the sort of delicious meals a woman under 26 can expect to get, if she goes on a dinner date with him.

Also there's this:

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jan 2017, 09:22

Wow.
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 03 Jan 2017, 10:46

Bwahahaa. Thats so creepy awful great.

Warren

Post by Warren » 03 Jan 2017, 10:52

I'd be afraid of any woman that would take him up on that.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 03 Jan 2017, 11:10

That guy might be overestimating the impressive power of $80 in cash.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 03 Jan 2017, 11:43

Hugh Akston wrote:That guy might be overestimating the impressive power of $80 in cash.
You're saying women don't like to be offered an insultingly low amount of cash when making the barely-concealed insinuation that they're hookers? YLSNED.

holy shit there will never be an end until the sweet release of death (as dictated by the death panels, natch) - lunch

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 03 Jan 2017, 14:49

Andrew wrote:
Hugh Akston wrote:That guy might be overestimating the impressive power of $80 in cash.
You're saying women don't like to be offered an insultingly low amount of cash when making the barely-concealed insinuation that they're hookers? YLSNED.
Sad thing is, from his perspective, spending $80 on dinner for two likely IS super-extravagant. From reading his comments on Facebook, I gather he is living in a homeless shelter, and subsisting off of food stamps plus disability payments for bipolar disorder; his total monthly income is only in the $900 range or so. I genuinely do feel sorry for this guy -- though not as much as I feel sorry for the young women he creeps on.

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 03 Jan 2017, 15:02

Well, that takes everything from "bizarre" to "just depressing".

Jennifer

Post by Jennifer » 03 Jan 2017, 15:24

Eric the .5b wrote:Well, that takes everything from "bizarre" to "just depressing".
Apparently he had a reputation for creeperism in Spokane long before this barista incident -- when the story first broke, and initial reports only mentioned that "a man" was banned from Starbucks without mentioning his name, some commenter I read on reddit or something similar said "Spokane? I bet it was Lucas Werner."

This man really does need psychiatric help -- medication to balance out his brain chemistry, and talk therapy to learn some essential basic social skills which he thoroughly lacks now -- but the sad thing is, even if there does exist a medication which is 100 percent effective at treating his disorder, there's no fucking way he could afford it with the pittance of a disability check he's expected to live on.

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Jan 2017, 16:12

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 26 Jan 2017, 16:25

Monreau?

You have the communications skills that The Market values, Warren. Unlike those wussy librul artz majors, you knows you to communicates real good.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 26 Jan 2017, 16:50

The spherical pig embryo
Theoretical physicists everywhere rejoice!
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Warren

Post by Warren » 26 Jan 2017, 18:11

thoreau wrote:Monreau?

You have the communications skills that The Market values, Warren. Unlike those wussy librul artz majors, you knows you to communicates real good.
Me and Shannon, we're tight.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 29 Jan 2017, 18:30

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 29 Jan 2017, 19:18

My wife watches a lot of the Investigation Discovery channel. (All true crime, all the time)

This is apparently not uncommon in missing persons cases when they are scouring a semi wilderness area in the vicinity of a metroplex (it's usually deceased homeless people that were squatting there and died of exposure)
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 29 Jan 2017, 19:39

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Mar 2017, 10:22

Federal Court rules Snuggie is a blanket.