I just don't get it

Aresen

Re: I just don't get it

Post by Aresen »

nicole wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:02
People who complain that bathroom stall doors don't go all the way to the floor. How am I supposed to know if it's actually in use? Are you actually saying trying to open the door when someone is inside would be preferable?
There's a solution for that:

If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

JasonL

Post by JasonL »

nicole wrote:
People who complain that bathroom stall doors don't go all the way to the floor. How am I supposed to know if it's actually in use? Are you actually saying trying to open the door when someone is inside would be preferable?
IIRC Mo suggested the all the way to the floor design used in the UK has ... ventilation problems.

Warren

Post by Warren »

nicole wrote:
That's solvable with little flags tied to the slide lock. But I'm still WTF? Why in the name of Galt's green earth do people want to be completely isolated in a tiny box when they're evacuating their bowls? Like people wall off the commode in their homes. It's considered a feature! Seriously, I get that you want privacy. I personally could do with less privacy (and please lets start adopting unisex bathrooms) but what is the issue here? That strangers might get a glimpse of your panties down around your ankles? That's the embarrassing horror you can't abide? Really?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Warren

Post by Warren »

Aresen wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:07
Those doors don't go to the floor. Also, where's the TP?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Jake

Post by Jake »

Warren wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:40
Aresen wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:07
Those doors don't go to the floor. Also, where's the TP?
He doesn't know how to use the three seashells!
"One doesn't want to be a Chicken Little but OTOH does the sky look closer to you? It looks closer to me." -- Warren

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer »

Warren wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:38
nicole wrote:
That's solvable with little flags tied to the slide lock. But I'm still WTF? Why in the name of Galt's green earth do people want to be completely isolated in a tiny box when they're evacuating their bowls? Like people wall off the commode in their homes. It's considered a feature! Seriously, I get that you want privacy. I personally could do with less privacy (and please lets start adopting unisex bathrooms) but what is the issue here? That strangers might get a glimpse of your panties down around your ankles? That's the embarrassing horror you can't abide? Really?
My freshman dorms had pony walls between the toilets but no doors, I think to discourage horny teens from fucking in the stalls, but the flaw in this plan was that the toilets were along one wall and the sinks, with mirrors, that people had to use to do not-poop-related hygiene and grooming activities, like shaving, and worse toothbrushing, were on the opposite wall. The sounds and smells are not pleasant. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is fun to share. Even dogs who cheerfully eat their own shit still have the sense to look embarrassed when they're taking a shit in broad view.

But if you're going to do the closed WC thing, it should have its own vent fan intake and should preferably have a small wash basin inside so you don't have to open the door with a hand that may've gotten ... shitty. But the primary reason I'd appreciate one is to have the main bathroom as an airlock between the poopstation and the rest of the world.
"Dude she's the Purdue Pharma of the black pill." - JasonL

"This thread is like a dog park where everyone lets their preconceptions and biases run around and sniff each others butts." - Hugh Akston

"That's just tokenism with extra steps." - Jake

thoreau

Post by thoreau »

thoreau wrote:
26 Dec 2019, 18:07
The actor who played Peloton Husband actually gave his real-life girlfriend a Peloton for Christmas.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... as-present

Dude has cojones, gotta give him that.
With all the gyms shutting down, this guy looks like a fucking genius now.
" Columbus wasn’t a profile in courage or brilliance despite the odds, he was a dumb motherfucker that got lucky. Oddly, that makes him the perfect talisman for the Trump era."
--Mo

Mo

Post by Mo »

JasonL wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:20
nicole wrote:
IIRC Mo suggested the all the way to the floor design used in the UK has ... ventilation problems.
All the way to the ceiling has ventilation problems. Poop smell rises.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely »

Mo wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 11:18
JasonL wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 10:20
nicole wrote:
All the way to the ceiling has ventilation problems. Poop smell rises.
Poop Smell Rises" would be a good title for a new Aimee Mann single.

Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Until I read the replies I thought he meant, "We need to talk about what an unflattering picture this is." I will never understand what the people today are horny over. When did this *gestures at above tweet* become more attractive than this *gestures at Hugh Laurie in Blackadder Goes Forth*?
"Yours is the much better comeback." -JD

nicole

Post by nicole »

hahahahahahhahhahha hard agree and i'm actually kind of dismayed to see the tweeter is older than me, because i was fully prepared to blame this on the incomprehensibility of zoomers
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"Sliced bagels aren't why trump won; it's why it doesn't matter who wins." -dhex

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman »

He looks like fourth place in a Dan Bilzarian lookalike contest that Bilzarian couldn't be bothered to attend.