RON PUAL!!!!!!1!!

Warren

Re: RON PUAL!!!!!!1!!

Post by Warren » 08 Jun 2012, 11:22

WE CAN ALWAYS VOTE TYRANNY BACK INTO OFFICE, AGAIN

Is totally worthy of a bumper sticker. That's a hill I could die on.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 08 Jun 2012, 11:24

I kind of want a t-shirt that say "come be libertarian with me."

It might be better if the O was a monocle.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Inexplicably cockfighting monsters that live in your pants" ~Jadagul

Stevo Darkly

Post by Stevo Darkly » 08 Jun 2012, 18:32

Come be libertarian with me
'Neath liberty's well-watered tree
A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou
Surely minarchy is government enow
"I don't know if you can call it a stereotype when I was in a room full of people actually doing it." -- Keith S.

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 Jun 2012, 19:33

what the fiddle faddle motherfuck jackanapes is that video?
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 08 Jun 2012, 19:52

Warren wrote:WE CAN ALWAYS VOTE TYRANNY BACK INTO OFFICE, AGAIN

Is totally worthy of a bumper sticker. That's a hill I could die on.
OK, I liked that part.

The rest was bad, though. Especially repeatedly superimposing the image of the candidate they're trying to pimp over all the riot police and whatnot. And the whole thing, as my friend described it, "Gave me this very vivid impression of big speakers up on poles, and under them, a man leaning over a desk while standing up, ranting into a microphone."

It should have been at most half that long, and far less crazy. You can point to bad shit and say "we're against the bad shit" without getting froth on your shirt.

So far, I'm entirely safe from the threat of the Johnson campaign being good enough at communicating anything or getting enough good attention to make me feel obligated to throw them a vote.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

Shem

Post by Shem » 08 Jun 2012, 20:15

For the number of Libertarians who think highly of Ronald Reagan, they sure aren't good at appropriating his sunshiny rhetoric.
"VOTE SHEMOCRACY! You will only have to do it once!" -Loyalty Officer Aresen

Ayn_Randian

Post by Ayn_Randian » 08 Jun 2012, 21:17

dhex wrote:what the fiddle faddle motherfuck jackanapes is that video?
you mean other than awesome?
It has the effect of making me want desperately to do the opposite of what Green Day is suggesting I should want to do. Billy Joe Whassname may have created a generation of war mongers. - Jason L

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 08 Jun 2012, 22:34

Nobody under 30 has really ever experienced snow on a TV screen.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

dhex

Post by dhex » 08 Jun 2012, 22:56

Ayn_Randian wrote:
dhex wrote:what the fiddle faddle motherfuck jackanapes is that video?
you mean other than awesome?
why yes.

it should probably be of no surprise, however, given that the finest moment of libertarian visual design is the r"evol"ution ron paul stamp thing where love is spelled backwards. sad but true.

but that's what happens when you spray an organization with whatever they used to repel women and homos and minorities and anyone else who might have a creative bone in their body. same reason most of the jesus junk stuff is so ghastly.

or power metal album covers.

the lp does get credit for creating a website that actually pisses in your mouth when you look at it. plus their logo is great.

somewhere a tri state area women's college basketball team is really mad at having missed out on a great logo.

oh wait no they're not

boom. skrillex.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 08 Jun 2012, 23:09

I love boom skrillex.

dbcooper

Post by dbcooper » 08 Jun 2012, 23:11

Gawker's finest hour.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

Sandy
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Post by Sandy » 09 Jun 2012, 11:06

dhex wrote:it should probably be of no surprise, however, given that the finest moment of libertarian visual design is the r"evol"ution ron paul stamp thing where love is spelled backwards. sad but true.
That's good, but I wish Gary Johnson would hook up with the designer who did this ad, and used some of his millions for diction and speaking coaching so he could at least fade in reliably afterward, because I think this is actually the finest moment of libertarian visual design:

Imagine if that analogy led to "and that's what the DEA, ICE, and the TSA do to us every day, and only one man in this election is willing to stop them."

Sigh.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 09 Jun 2012, 17:21

Sandy wrote:
dhex wrote:it should probably be of no surprise, however, given that the finest moment of libertarian visual design is the r"evol"ution ron paul stamp thing where love is spelled backwards. sad but true.
That's good, but I wish Gary Johnson would hook up with the designer who did this ad, and used some of his millions for diction and speaking coaching so he could at least fade in reliably afterward, because I think this is actually the finest moment of libertarian visual design:
Damn, that's actually good.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
"Cyberpunk never really gave the government enough credit for their ability to secure a favorable prenup during the Corporate-State wedding." - Shem

dhex

Post by dhex » 09 Jun 2012, 17:50

it's ridiculously good. it's also three minutes long, but still. it's very rare that i watch a political ad and don't feel like punching someone.

Mo

Post by Mo » 11 Jun 2012, 22:20

but that's what happens when you spray an organization with whatever they used to repel women and homos and minorities and anyone else who might have a creative bone in their body. same reason most of the jesus junk stuff is so ghastly.

boom. skrillex.
This.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 26 Aug 2012, 17:35

I'm sure there'sa painting of Ron Paul riding a unicorn somehwerin there.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/ ... tampa.html
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

Mo

Post by Mo » 02 Jul 2018, 12:18

So about those newsletters being youthful indiscretions.

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 02 Jul 2018, 12:30

Mo wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 12:18

This kind of thing being deep within parts of institutional libertarianism is why we should not have been as surprised at the general rightward lurch of libertarianism that happened in the Obama years and especially wrt Trump supporting libertarians.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 02 Jul 2018, 12:31

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

nicole

Post by nicole » 02 Jul 2018, 12:34

But but but it's totally not a thing that libertarians have joined the alt right en masse
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2018, 12:44

"Well, actually, many of us have serious issues with Trump. I mean, he's married two Slavic immigrants, and as we all know they aren't even real white people."

You know that's coming.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 02 Jul 2018, 12:48

thoreau wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 12:44
"Well, actually, many of us have serious issues with Trump. I mean, he's married two Slavic immigrants, and as we all know they aren't even real white people."

You know that's coming.
Eh, modern white supremacy is full of people who would have been the enemy of the 1920s KKK. By 2120, I predict a Grand Dragon named Hector Villa-Lopez.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Jul 2018, 13:00

Fin Fang Foom wrote: By 2120, I predict a Grand Dragon named Hector Villa-Lopez.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 02 Jul 2018, 13:03

thoreau wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 13:00
Fin Fang Foom wrote: By 2120, I predict a Grand Dragon named Hector Villa-Lopez.
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Don't slander President Camacho.

Warren

Post by Warren » 02 Jul 2018, 14:01

Mo wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 12:18

[Racist Tweet]
It was never asserted that the newsletters were "youthful indiscretions". The claim was that Paul didn't write them, and that he wasn't paying attention to what was being published in his name at the time.
It needs to be a rule, if it isn't already, that judgement should not be passed on a person's crazy ramblings once senility has set in.
The value of peer review lies substantially in the nature of one's peers. - that Ridgely guy