Post by Ellie » 05 Jul 2018, 01:08

TIL "hashtag" in Spanish is just "hashtag"
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Aresen

Re: A thread for mocking politicians

Post by Aresen » 05 Jul 2018, 01:14

Warren wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 00:16
He ran on an anti-corruption platform. Which yeah, unless you're prepared to allow a legal market in drug trafficking, good luck with that. But if he makes even token publicity gestures at cleaning house, might as well dig his grave now. OTOH maybe his idea of fixing the corruption problem is to put himself at the head of the line.
All true, but I was scoffing at the notion that his loving, worshiping people could protect him from an assassin. As though an assassin would wear a badge on his chest so everyone would know what he was.

TBS, many heads of government have been offed by their own security people. (Indira Gandhi, for example.)
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 05 Jul 2018, 02:14

Aresen wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 01:14
Warren wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 00:16
He ran on an anti-corruption platform. Which yeah, unless you're prepared to allow a legal market in drug trafficking, good luck with that. But if he makes even token publicity gestures at cleaning house, might as well dig his grave now. OTOH maybe his idea of fixing the corruption problem is to put himself at the head of the line.
All true, but I was scoffing at the notion that his loving, worshiping people could protect him from an assassin. As though an assassin would wear a badge on his chest so everyone would know what he was.

TBS, many heads of government have been offed by their own security people. (Indira Gandhi, for example.)
Indeed.
Hard to say if he believes what he's saying. If it wasn't for Trump I don't know that I could credit anyone with enough stupidity to believe something like
“He who fights for justice has nothing to fear,” the president-elect said.
But unfathomably stupid heads of state is the new normal.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 05 Jul 2018, 07:19

AMLO is a fool, but yeah, he'd never have made it this far without making some deal. Part of his platform was ending the war on kingpins that Calderón started, because, hoo boy, that ain't gone well.

Also, he's lying.

Mo

Post by Mo » 07 Jul 2018, 07:54

We need a total and complete shutdown of all wrestling coaches until we can figure this whole thing out.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex