A thread for mocking politicians

thoreau
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A thread for mocking politicians

Post by thoreau » 01 Apr 2019, 13:59

The front-runner for President of Ukraine:

Not so different from our Secretary of Energy.

Ivo Shandor was right.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

Pham Nuwen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Pham Nuwen » 01 Apr 2019, 17:07

I really really want Trump to close the border with Mexico After the fallout settles I will hopefully never hear such a stupid threat uttered.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 01 Apr 2019, 17:15

Which Mexico?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Apr 2019, 17:26

We keep thinking that there's nothing so stupid or terrible that the GOP will walk away from him, but I have yet to see any evidence of that.

If Trump closed all borders and canceled all trade, I'm pretty sure that he'd go into 2020 with a baseline of 40% support from whoever remains in the desolate, impoverished wasteland, and the media would report that the Blue nominee struggles with likability and may have email problems. And then Trump would do surprisingly well in Midwestern swing states, with Wisconsin dairy farmers saying that if it weren't for Trump they'd have to sell to foreign markets that won't give them a fair price.
"They were basically like D&D min maxers, but instead of pissing off their DM, they destroyed the global economy. Also, instead of their DM making a level 7 paladin fight a beholder as punishment, he got a +3 sword of turning."
--Mo

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Apr 2019, 17:29

If Trump ordered the summary execution of the entire 2020 US Olympic Team, the GOP would point out that they were overwhelmingly young and he was never going to get the youth vote anyway, so what's the big deal? The media would express shock and outrage and then he'd just hold another rally and his supporters would cheer.

And Mitch McConnell would block a non-binding resolution asking DOJ to investigate whether the summary execution of the Olympians was illegal.
--Mo

JasonL

Post by JasonL » 01 Apr 2019, 17:30

There's a lot to the idea that terribleness of a non economy destroying nature can and will be rationalized away and especially by a base who has rallied around the idea that everything bad about the guy is made up fantasies.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 01 Apr 2019, 18:50

thoreau wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 17:29
If Trump ordered the summary execution of the entire 2020 US Olympic Team,
Hmm. He just might get my support on that one.... :lol:
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 01 Apr 2019, 19:30

JasonL wrote:There's a lot to the idea that terribleness of a non economy destroying nature can and will be rationalized away and especially by a base who has rallied around the idea that everything bad about the guy is made up fantasies.
If he closes the border and destroys the economy a lot of people will just blame the Blues because, um, something.

I work with people who would give a passing grade to the Fox News intern who referred to states in Central America as "Mexican Countries." There is no lower bound to the stupidity that people will accept in this era.

Hell, a comedian is the front-runner in Ukraine's presidential election.

Stupid people are breeding faster than smart people and we're seeing the consequences.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

--Mo

Hugh Akston

Post by Hugh Akston » 02 Apr 2019, 03:02

thoreau wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 19:30
Stupid people are breeding faster than smart people and we're seeing the consequences.
inorite? How many generations of imbeciles must we endure before we start forcibly sterilizing people who believe that intelligence can be meaningfully measured, that intelligence is genetically determined, or that intelligence is at all useful in measuring a person's value?

I mean not for nothing but sentiments like that are no small part of why people voted for Trump in the first place.
"Is a Lulztopia the best we can hope for?!?" ~Taktix®
"Somali pirates are beholden to their hostages in a way that the USG is not." ~Dangerman

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 02 Apr 2019, 03:37

Mo wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 17:15
Which Mexico?
The new one. Apparently it's attempted to take over an entire US state.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 02 Apr 2019, 10:22

thoreau wrote:
JasonL wrote:There's a lot to the idea that terribleness of a non economy destroying nature can and will be rationalized away and especially by a base who has rallied around the idea that everything bad about the guy is made up fantasies.
If he closes the border and destroys the economy a lot of people will just blame the Blues because, um, something.
Look no further than the comments on this H&R thread.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 02 Apr 2019, 10:26

Aresen wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 10:22
thoreau wrote:
You just made my fucking list! You linked to HnR comments and I read some of them!!! You fucking spiteful monster! What did I ever do to you???

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 02 Apr 2019, 11:36

Hugh Akston wrote:
thoreau wrote:
inorite? How many generations of imbeciles must we endure before we start forcibly sterilizing people who believe that intelligence can be meaningfully measured, that intelligence is genetically determined, or that intelligence is at all useful in measuring a person's value?

I mean not for nothing but sentiments like that are no small part of why people voted for Trump in the first place.
You should apply for a faculty job at a Cal State school.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

--Mo

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 02 Apr 2019, 15:12

Pham Nuwen wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 10:26
Aresen wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 10:22
thoreau wrote:
You just made my fucking list! You linked to HnR comments and I read some of them!!! You fucking spiteful monster! What did I ever do to you???
Seriously RSN. FFS.

10 points deducted from Hufflepuff.
"i'd like to move toward not combusting except on special occasions like arbor day." - dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 03 Apr 2019, 14:22

I never would have thought the filibuster would be undone in my lifetime.

D.A. Ridgely

Post by D.A. Ridgely » 03 Apr 2019, 16:00

Stupid people have always bred faster than smart people. They don't need to take a break from breeding to learn stuff.
thoreau wrote:
Why not? We already cut to the chase and elected a joke.

Dangerman

Post by Dangerman » 03 Apr 2019, 18:50

Mo wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 17:15
Which Mexico?
Aztlan

Kwix

Post by Kwix » 03 Apr 2019, 19:36

D.A. Ridgely wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 16:00
Stupid people have always bred faster than smart people. They don't need to take a break from breeding to learn stuff.
thoreau wrote:
Why not? We already cut to the chase and elected a joke.
Well played.
"People are sometimes the answer, but they are ALWAYS the problem." -- Ellie
"pedialyte is like planned parenthood for hangovers. it costs you a bit, but it makes your little problem go away until the next time you drink too much."-- dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 08 Apr 2019, 16:45

Now just wait a fucking minute. Rick Scott was one of the people looking at whatever ACA's replacement was going to be? Rick fucking Scott? That makes no sense at all!

Tuco

Post by Tuco » 09 Apr 2019, 06:16

Which means, of course, that in 2019, it all makes perfect sense.

Taktix®

Post by Taktix® » 16 Apr 2019, 01:03

Man, what a day to join the faculty of Notre Dame, former speaker and Trump plaything Paul Ryan: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... f2gS4OU8jA
"Guilty as charged. Go ahead and ban me from the mall." - Ellie

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 12 May 2019, 17:47

This sounds an awful lot like confiscating assets from people she doesn't like:
AOC on twitter wrote:When we say “tax the rich,” we mean nesting-doll yacht rich. For-profit prison rich. Betsy DeVos, student-loan-shark rich.

Trick-the-country-into-war rich. Subsidizing-workforce-w-food-stamps rich.

Because THAT kind of rich is simply not good for society, & it’s like 10 people.
There's no way that could ever go wrong.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Eric the .5b

Post by Eric the .5b » 13 May 2019, 03:42

Andrew wrote:
12 May 2019, 17:47
AOC on twitter wrote:When we say “tax the rich,” we mean nesting-doll yacht rich. For-profit prison rich. Betsy DeVos, student-loan-shark rich.

Because THAT kind of rich is simply not good for society, & it’s like 10 people.
And there ain't ten people in the world she's going to find enough money from to set up one major new welfare program.
"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Cet animal est très méchant / Quand on l'attaque il se défend.

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 13 May 2019, 04:30

Eric the .5b wrote:
13 May 2019, 03:42
Andrew wrote:

And there ain't ten people in the world she's going to find enough money from to set up one major new welfare program.
Not least because they're paper rich and the second you start liquidating their assets the value of those assets plummet. That $300b you squeezed from Zuck suddenly nets you maybe $40b, max?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 13 May 2019, 08:47

lunchstealer wrote:
13 May 2019, 04:30
Eric the .5b wrote:
13 May 2019, 03:42
Andrew wrote:

Not least because they're paper rich and the second you start liquidating their assets the value of those assets plummet. That $300b you squeezed from Zuck suddenly nets you maybe $40b, max?
According to Wikipedia the net worth of the 400 richest Americans in 2017 was ~2.7 trillion. As lunchstealer points out, if you try to liquidate that, you are suddenly getting fire-sale prices - maybe 20% of that. Assuming you could grab the full $2.7t, that is less than 3/4 of the US federal budget for a single year. What are you going to do next year?

Also, who would be stupid enough to buy those assets, knowing they would probably be on next year's list?