A thread for mocking politicians

Mo

Re: A thread for mocking politicians

Post by Mo » 24 Jan 2018, 08:54

Oof. Of course, none of these guys will have the self-awareness to realize they were horribly wrong.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 01 Feb 2018, 10:40

The Bodyguard 2

when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

lunchstealer

Post by lunchstealer » 01 Feb 2018, 14:35

How many mayors have been assassinated ever? WTF do they need bodyguards for anyway?
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

pistoffnick

Post by pistoffnick » 01 Feb 2018, 15:22

lunchstealer wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 14:35
How many mayors have been assassinated ever? WTF do they need bodyguards for anyway?
As fucktoys. Didn't you read the article? ;^)
Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

Mo

Post by Mo » 03 Feb 2018, 20:40

How does someone with these political instincts get elected as Speaker of the House.

his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 14 Mar 2018, 13:05

Chris Kobach's efforts to purge furriners and other libruls from voter rolls are not going well.
In another survey, Richman looked at suspended voters — those who didn’t provide proof of citizenship — and flagged any names that appeared to be foreign. Ho asked if, for example, a name like “Carlos Murguia” would be flagged. When Richman said yes, Ho informed him Murguia is a federal judge in the same courthouse where the trial is taking place.
http://www.cjonline.com/news/20180313/k ... ry-clinton
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Andrew

Post by Andrew » 14 Mar 2018, 17:35

When a TV headline broke through my bubble the other day that Tillerson had been fired, it occurred to me that Mittens ought to be pretty happy with his life. Sure, he lost in 2012, but he's rich, has a big family with grandkids he can spend time with, has a decent reputation as far as past politicians go, and he's not part of the Trump administration clusterfuck. He can retreat to being a rich dude in his 70s with random hobbies and clubs and the family and whatnot. Not a bad way to go out.

Then I look him up to see what he's been up to, and of course he's running for Senate in 2018 (that hadn't pierced my bubble when he announced). So much for dignity.
We live in the fucked age. Get used to it. - dhex

The sun only shines when a woman is being sexually abused. - Warren

Ellie

Post by Ellie » 09 Apr 2018, 15:21

I saw a headline that said "Tammy Duckworth gives birth, first US senator to do so while in office" and I thought it meant she literally gave birth in her office. Kind of disappointing that she just had a baby the regular way.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

Fin Fang Foom

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 09 Apr 2018, 15:23

Ellie wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:21
I saw a headline that said "Tammy Duckworth gives birth, first US senator to do so while in office" and I thought it meant she literally gave birth in her office. Kind of disappointing that she just had a baby the regular way.
Call me when a senator gives birth while filibustering at the podium.

Highway

Post by Highway » 09 Apr 2018, 16:05

Ellie wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 15:21
I read an article about how "she is the first sitting senator to give birth in office." and thought "That's not very sensitive to say about an amputee in a wheelchair."
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Warren

Post by Warren » 10 Apr 2018, 10:49

Wait. Was she pregnant when elected? Would that make the kid a senator too?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Highway

Post by Highway » 10 Apr 2018, 11:04

Warren wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 10:49
That would be tough for a human, given that she's been in office over a year.
"Sharks do not go around challenging people to games of chance like dojo breakers."

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 10 Apr 2018, 11:38

Can I say I think it's overblown even if a neat historical footnote?

I mean, most congresscritters aren't participating actively in the baby making process because the vast majority are over 40 and have done most of their baby assembling work (which is easier for some than others to be sure) before getting to this point of their career.
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 10 Apr 2018, 11:53

Warren wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 10:49
I don't think the Romneys, Kennedys and Bushes were able to get that Constitutional Amendment adopted.

Yet.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Mo

Post by Mo » 10 Apr 2018, 18:30

Kolohe wrote:Can I say I think it's overblown even if a neat historical footnote?

I mean, most congresscritters aren't participating actively in the baby making process because the vast majority are over 40 and have done most of their baby assembling work (which is easier for some than others to be sure) before getting to this point of their career.
Also, lady senators are a relatively new thing.

thoreau

Post by thoreau » 11 Apr 2018, 22:55

It burns. It burns so good.

"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

Mo

Post by Mo » 19 Apr 2018, 15:10

Jim 'I have 20 kids & grandkids, but have no fucking clue what a diaper bag is' Inhofe wrote:They don't use diaper bags anymore. They're disposable diapers. I know because I've got 20 kids and grandkids.

Warren

Post by Warren » 19 Apr 2018, 16:47

Mo wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 15:10
Jim 'I have 20 kids & grandkids, but have no fucking clue what a diaper bag is' Inhofe wrote:They don't use diaper bags anymore. They're disposable diapers. I know because I've got 20 kids and grandkids.
:lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

nicole

Post by nicole » 19 Apr 2018, 16:51

Reading that story earlier was the first time I ever wanted to work on Capitol Hill. But of course now it won't be like that anymore.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

Kolohe

Post by Kolohe » 23 Apr 2018, 16:28

Lol, Romney can't make the gimmee putt to get the Senate candidate nomination.

Jadagul

Post by Jadagul » 23 Apr 2018, 16:48

Apparently that's way less gimme-ish than you'd expect. The convention is a lot weirder and fringier than the actual electorate.

Aresen

Post by Aresen » 04 Jul 2018, 22:33

There are so many threads this could go into, but he's a politician, so I'll put it here:

Mexico's new president casually travels to meetings without security detail: 'The people will protect me'
MEXICO CITY — New President-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador went to one of his most important meetings yet Tuesday by cruising through city traffic in a compact car with the windows down and no visible security detail, establishing a casual new style of leadership that has some expressing concerns for his safety in violence-wracked Mexico.

In place of police outriders, a half dozen television cameramen on motorcycles buzzed around Lopez Obrador’s car en route to a meeting with outgoing President Enrique Pena Nieto at the National Palace in the heart of Mexico City.

“The people will protect me,” Lopez Obrador told reporters who asked about the lack of security.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Justin better get ready to attend a State Funeral in Mexico City. I doubt the Donald will be welcome.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Warren

Post by Warren » 05 Jul 2018, 00:16

Aresen wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 22:33
There are so many threads this could go into, but he's a politician, so I'll put it here:

Mexico's new president casually travels to meetings without security detail: 'The people will protect me'
MEXICO CITY — New President-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador went to one of his most important meetings yet Tuesday by cruising through city traffic in a compact car with the windows down and no visible security detail, establishing a casual new style of leadership that has some expressing concerns for his safety in violence-wracked Mexico.

In place of police outriders, a half dozen television cameramen on motorcycles buzzed around Lopez Obrador’s car en route to a meeting with outgoing President Enrique Pena Nieto at the National Palace in the heart of Mexico City.

“The people will protect me,” Lopez Obrador told reporters who asked about the lack of security.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Justin better get ready to attend a State Funeral in Mexico City. I doubt the Donald will be welcome.
He ran on an anti-corruption platform. Which yeah, unless you're prepared to allow a legal market in drug trafficking, good luck with that. But if he makes even token publicity gestures at cleaning house, might as well dig his grave now. OTOH maybe his idea of fixing the corruption problem is to put himself at the head of the line.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 05 Jul 2018, 01:05

Or maybe he's the cartel's man and he knows he's protected? Maybe?
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

Pham Nuwen

Post by Pham Nuwen » 05 Jul 2018, 01:06

I feel like my above post needs a #[conspiracy] tag or something.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex