Marriage is Totally Gay

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18005
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 23:39

Tuatara.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 6541
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Pham Nuwen » 22 Sep 2017, 01:55

I'm sorry everyone. I'm still just floored about Repo Man.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Solitudinarian
Posts: 347
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:06

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Solitudinarian » 22 Sep 2017, 02:51

Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 22:58
Shiner is superior to Yeungling and is the best regional beer at the price point.
I say this with all the sympathy I can muster: you have lost your damn mind.
“I have no Message to reveal. But later on––Who knows?––I might.”

“A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15880
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by lunchstealer » 22 Sep 2017, 03:45

Eh. Depends what you're looking for. Straight Yeungling Lager vs Shiner Bock - I give the edge to Shiner Bock but I like maltier beers.

Yuengling's Black and Tan is more of a toss-up vs Shiner, but then you also have to add Shiner's Bohemian Black Lager into the mix which is also quite good for a pre-craft-movement brewery.

Shiner's 100th Anniversary Commemorator doppelbock (really more a bock-and-a-half) is the best thing produced by a pre-craft-movement brewery ever. It's kind of a shame they didn't add that to their permanent lineup like they did with the black lager (which was their 97th anniversary beer).
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15357
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dhex » 22 Sep 2017, 08:25

Solitudinarian wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 02:51
Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 22:58
Shiner is superior to Yeungling and is the best regional beer at the price point.
I say this with all the sympathy I can muster: you have lost your damn mind.
absolutely.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8919
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by nicole » 22 Sep 2017, 08:30

lunchstealer wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 17:19
Nobody dislikes it.
...except me. It's gross.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15880
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by lunchstealer » 22 Sep 2017, 12:53

nicole wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 08:30
lunchstealer wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 17:19
Nobody dislikes it.
...except me. It's gross.
This is not inconsistent with my thesis...

:mrgreen:
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 22 Sep 2017, 13:40

dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 18:40
Strike one for this week was Repo Man.
Cats are shit pets.

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11275
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Ellie » 03 Oct 2017, 15:24

The US voted against a UN resolution condemning the death penalty for homosexuality? Ugh, unless there's something I'm missing, that's super gross.
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
nicole
Posts: 8919
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 16:28

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by nicole » 03 Oct 2017, 15:28

Ellie wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 15:24
The US voted against a UN resolution condemning the death penalty for homosexuality? Ugh, unless there's something I'm missing, that's super gross.
I think if anything it's actually grosser than you think. It included a provision about how the death penalty should always be applied in a nondiscriminatory manner.
"Fucking qualia." -Hugh Akston

"This is why I carry a shoehorn.” -jadagul

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 03 Oct 2017, 15:36

nicole wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 15:28
Ellie wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 15:24
The US voted against a UN resolution condemning the death penalty for homosexuality? Ugh, unless there's something I'm missing, that's super gross.
I think if anything it's actually grosser than you think. It included a provision about how the death penalty should always be applied in a nondiscriminatory manner.
Also, you couldn't kill people with "intellectual disabilities."

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 12356
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by the innominate one » 03 Oct 2017, 15:58

Like Trump?
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
thoreau
Posts: 26117
Joined: 06 May 2010, 12:56
Location: Back to the lab again

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by thoreau » 03 Oct 2017, 16:49

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 15:36
Also, you couldn't kill people with "intellectual disabilities."
Politicians should be totally behind such a rule, for selfish reasons if nothing else.
"ike Wile E. Coyote salivating over a "4000 Ways To Prepare Roadrunner" cookbook without watching his surroundings, the Road Runner of Societal Inertia snuck up on them both and beepbeeped them off the mesa."
--Shem

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14341
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Aresen » 03 Oct 2017, 17:41

Ellie wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 15:24
The US voted against a UN resolution condemning the death penalty for homosexuality? Ugh, unless there's something I'm missing, that's super gross.
Vladimir Putin approved of this message.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
the innominate one
Posts: 12356
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:17
Location: hypertime continuum

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by the innominate one » 15 Nov 2017, 19:48

Congrats to gays in Australia who now can legally have their backwards sex while also standing around upside down.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -E Benn

"No shit, Sherlock." -JsubD

"now is the time to go fuck yourself until you die." -dhex

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14341
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Aresen » 05 Dec 2017, 20:23

It's in the sauce!

(Be sure to stay for grandma's comment at the end! :lol:
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

User avatar
Sandy
Posts: 9984
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:03
Location: In the hearts of little children, clogging their arteries.

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Sandy » 06 Dec 2017, 10:41

Tomato sauce? The West is doomed.
Hindu is the cricket of religions. You can observe it for years, you can have enthusiasts try to explain it to you, and it's still baffling. - Warren

User avatar
JD
Posts: 10250
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:26

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by JD » 06 Dec 2017, 17:53

dhex wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 08:25
Solitudinarian wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 02:51
Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 22:58
Shiner is superior to Yeungling and is the best regional beer at the price point.
I say this with all the sympathy I can muster: you have lost your damn mind.
absolutely.

Team Mo. Seriously, Yeungling? You're going to wave that flag?
"Millennials are lazy. They'd rather have avocado toast than cave in a man's skull with a tire iron!" -FFF

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 06 Dec 2017, 19:29

Yuengling Black and Tan is good. Shiner is not.

Also, isn't this thread supposed to be about asshole cake bakers.

My take on that: everyone involved in the wedding industrial complex is a douchenozzle and should be forced to do whatever they don't want to, professionally that is, just to inflict suffering on them.

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24228
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Warren » 06 Dec 2017, 23:02

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 19:29
My take on that: everyone involved in the wedding industrial complex is a douchenozzle and should be forced to do whatever they don't want to, professionally that is, just to inflict suffering on them.
newsletter
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
pistoffnick
Posts: 2740
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:52
Location: Right behind you. Watching.

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by pistoffnick » 27 Feb 2018, 10:06

Trigger Warning: NPR

Alabama considers getting out of the marriage business

Good on 'em. I don't think the state should be involved in marriage (including granting special exemptions or privileges for married people).
Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15880
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by lunchstealer » 27 Feb 2018, 14:43

pistoffnick wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 10:06
Trigger Warning: NPR

Alabama considers getting out of the marriage business

Good on 'em. I don't think the state should be involved in marriage (including granting special exemptions or privileges for married people).
That's okay if they nullify all previous marriage licenses. But if they discriminate for decades and then when forced to stop favoring women who want to marry men over men who want to marry men, but still grandfather in all the marriages that were the result of the apartheid regime, they can get fucked.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Warren
Posts: 24228
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:03
Location: Goat Rope MO
Contact:

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Warren » 27 Feb 2018, 20:52

lunchstealer wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 14:43
pistoffnick wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 10:06
Trigger Warning: NPR

Alabama considers getting out of the marriage business

Good on 'em. I don't think the state should be involved in marriage (including granting special exemptions or privileges for married people).
That's okay if they nullify all previous marriage licenses. But if they discriminate for decades and then when forced to stop favoring women who want to marry men over men who want to marry men, but still grandfather in all the marriages that were the result of the apartheid regime, they can get fucked.
Yeah there's no way you can do away with state recognition of marriage with the stroke of a pen. Marital status is too deeply ingrained.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

User avatar
pistoffnick
Posts: 2740
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 18:52
Location: Right behind you. Watching.

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by pistoffnick » 27 Feb 2018, 22:10

But I think it is the right direction (though Alabama seems to be coming at it from a different angle than I am). The state (if there should be one, I remain skeptical) shouldn't be in the business of telling you who you can or cannot get married to and shouldn't grant special privileges (tax rates, legal protections for spouses, etc.) to married people.

Its not so strange a concept. For millennia, marriage was the domain of churches. The state had very little to do with it.
Always be suspicious of people who have, or crave, power. - Stanley Kubrick
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H.L. Mencken
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus

User avatar
Aresen
Posts: 14341
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 20:18
Location: Great White Pacific Northwest

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Aresen » 27 Feb 2018, 22:32

pistoffnick wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 22:10
But I think it is the right direction (though Alabama seems to be coming at it from a different angle than I am). The state (if there should be one, I remain skeptical) shouldn't be in the business of telling you who you can or cannot get married to and shouldn't grant special privileges (tax rates, legal protections for spouses, etc.) to married people.

Its not so strange a concept. For millennia, marriage was the domain of churches. The state had very little to do with it.
The last is true only if you disregard the fact that the Church (or Temple) was basically an arm of the state until very recently.
If Trump supporters wanted a tough guy, why did they elect such a whiny bitch? - Mo

Those who know history are doomed to deja vu. - the innominate one

Never bring a knife to a joke fight" - dhex

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests