Marriage is Totally Gay

User avatar
Ellie
Posts: 11411
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Ellie » 21 Sep 2017, 18:08

Champagne is ass, and now I really want some cake
"NB stands for nota bene do not @ me" - nicole

User avatar
JasonL
Posts: 22532
Joined: 05 May 2010, 17:22

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by JasonL » 21 Sep 2017, 18:09

Champagne and fried chicken is one of life's sneakily great gifts. Generally actual champagne is overpriced such that cremant, cava, or decent prosecco are preferable. Special occasions are champagne things tho.

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 21 Sep 2017, 18:30

dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 17:57
Champagne is great. FFF is on strike two now.
What was strike one?

You know what? Nevermind.

Here we go:

Star Trek at its worst, its Season One of TNG, its Dr. Pulaski, its Voyager, its Enterprise, its Spock's Brain, its Space Hippies was the real Star Trek, that is, mediocre. We might remember other parts fondly, but these are only slight upticks in quality. Is it any surprise that the best episodes, "The Inner Light" and "In the Pale Moonlight" reject its setting or values? In the truth, the very dull "reboot" is exactly what Star Trek deserved, and Star Trek Discovery can only be as bad as the originals.

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 6610
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Pham Nuwen » 21 Sep 2017, 18:39

We gave everyone Chandon brut at our wedding. We drank vueve. I dislike most champagne. If you aren't avoiding nm's then I don't get why you would treat yourself to a mediocre time.
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 18:40

Strike one for this week was Repo Man.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 6610
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Pham Nuwen » 21 Sep 2017, 18:41

For the record I don't like vueve either. But I wasn't paying for it so whatevs
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
Pham Nuwen
Posts: 6610
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 02:17

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Pham Nuwen » 21 Sep 2017, 18:41

dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 18:40
Strike one for this week was Repo Man.
But that's a classic!
Goddamn libertarian message board. Hugh Akston

leave me to my mescaline smoothie in peace, please. dhex

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 18:43

Nicolas Feuillatte is very nice and great value. Krug vintage is amazing.

Because I was a degenerate, and champagne was cheap in France, I would sometimes buy a bottle of Tattinger on a Saturday and drink it before going out.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 18:43

Pham Nuwen wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 18:41
dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 18:40
Strike one for this week was Repo Man.
But that's a classic!
Indeed it is. Robbie Muller cinematography.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23013
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Mo » 21 Sep 2017, 19:22

dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 18:43
Nicolas Feuillatte is very nice and great value. Krug vintage is amazing.

Because I was a degenerate, and champagne was cheap in France, I would sometimes buy a bottle of Tattinger on a Saturday and drink it before going out.
Champagne and tacos pair surprisingly well.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 19:24

Champagne goes with everything dude. :D
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23013
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Mo » 21 Sep 2017, 19:27

Right, but the mild spiciness of tacos pairs really well with the sweet dryness of champagne.

Damn, now I want champagne and tacos.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 19:29

Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:27
Right, but the mild spiciness of tacos pairs really well with the sweet dryness of champagne.

Damn, now I want champagne and tacos.
It's dinner time in NY. Treat yourself. :)
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 21 Sep 2017, 19:32

dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:29
Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:27
Right, but the mild spiciness of tacos pairs really well with the sweet dryness of champagne.

Damn, now I want champagne and tacos.
It's dinner time in NY. Treat yourself. :)
Yeah, make your tacos assy. Save some money and take a dump on a corn tortilla and eat it. Wash it down with a Coors. It'll still taste better than the champagne.

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 19:45

Fin Fang Foom wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:32
dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:29
Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:27
Right, but the mild spiciness of tacos pairs really well with the sweet dryness of champagne.

Damn, now I want champagne and tacos.
It's dinner time in NY. Treat yourself. :)
Yeah, make your tacos assy. Save some money and take a dump on a corn tortilla and eat it. Wash it down with a Coors. It'll still taste better than the champagne.
Jadagul has infected you with his autism.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
dhex
Posts: 15427
Joined: 05 May 2010, 16:05
Location: 'murica

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dhex » 21 Sep 2017, 19:49

champagne is gross but coors is not much of an upgrade. at least go dos equis.
"I do wear my New Balance tennis shoes when I'm wearing cargo shorts, though, because truth in advertising." - lunch

User avatar
Kolohe
Posts: 13435
Joined: 06 May 2010, 10:51

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Kolohe » 21 Sep 2017, 19:51

Miller is the champagne of beers, no?
when you wake up as the queen of the n=1 kingdom and mount your steed non sequiturius, do you look out upon all you survey and think “damn, it feels good to be a green idea sleeping furiously?" - dhex

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 21 Sep 2017, 19:59

dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:45
Fin Fang Foom wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:32
dbcooper wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:29
Mo wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 19:27
Right, but the mild spiciness of tacos pairs really well with the sweet dryness of champagne.

Damn, now I want champagne and tacos.
It's dinner time in NY. Treat yourself. :)
Yeah, make your tacos assy. Save some money and take a dump on a corn tortilla and eat it. Wash it down with a Coors. It'll still taste better than the champagne.
Jadagul has infected you with his autism.
Jadagul at least has the luck to not constantly be aware that he lives in a fallen world surrounded by assy people drinking their assy beverage while eating assy cake when they could be having pie.

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15979
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by lunchstealer » 21 Sep 2017, 20:03

If I have to drink an American mass produced lager my priority list is Coors = PBR >> Bud > Miller High Life = sobriety at a pleasant event >> MGD > stone cold sobriety at an unpleasant event = Lite = Bud Light >>>>> dying of thirst in the desert = Curs Light.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 21 Sep 2017, 20:05

Rainier out here for the cheap stuff. Yuengling Black and Tan is the best beer bar none at the Bud price point.

User avatar
lunchstealer
Posts: 15979
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:25
Location: The Local Fluff in the Local Bubble

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by lunchstealer » 21 Sep 2017, 20:07

FFF is just grumpy because he can't live up to his avatar's coolness. He knows he's a herbert, and will never get any of that sweet space hippie ass. It's a pain we all feel, but some of us learn to sublimate and others can't adjust.

I never have done Rainier, but Yuengling sits above the Buds/Coors/PBRs of the world in my book. It's in with Shiner Bock in the regional specialty beer category. It's not really craft, but it's not gawdoffal national mass produced stuff, either.
"The constitution is more of a BDSM agreement with a safe word." - Sandy

"Neoliberalism. Austerity. Booga booga!!!!" - JasonL

"We can't confirm rumors that Lynndie England is in the running to be Gina Haspel's personal aide." - DAR

User avatar
Fin Fang Foom
Posts: 9539
Joined: 05 May 2010, 22:39

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Fin Fang Foom » 21 Sep 2017, 20:18

lunchstealer wrote:
21 Sep 2017, 20:07
FFF is just grumpy because he can't live up to his avatar's coolness. He knows he's a herbert, and will never get any of that sweet space hippie ass. It's a pain we all feel, but some of us learn to sublimate and others can't adjust.
Space Hippies have Space Herpes.
I never have done Rainier, but Yuengling sits above the Buds/Coors/PBRs of the world in my book. It's in with Shiner Bock in the regional specialty beer category. It's not really craft, but it's not gawdoffal national mass produced stuff, either.
Rainier is basically at PBR. Yuengling is great because it is cheap but better than much of the next higher rice level.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23013
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Mo » 21 Sep 2017, 22:58

Shiner is superior to Yeungling and is the best regional beer at the price point.
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

User avatar
dbcooper
Posts: 18007
Joined: 05 May 2010, 15:40

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by dbcooper » 21 Sep 2017, 23:00

Heineken bought one of my favourite craft brewers, and within six months two of its best beers have gone to shit.
Slip inside a sleeping bag.

User avatar
Mo
Posts: 23013
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 17:08

Re: Marriage is Totally Gay

Post by Mo » 21 Sep 2017, 23:33

Which one?
his voice is so soothing, but why do conspiracy nuts always sound like Batman and Robin solving one of Riddler's puzzles out loud? - fod

no one ever yells worldstar when a pet gets fucked up - dhex

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shem and 4 guests